If you were the Big Man...

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: If you were the Big Man...

Post by that genius »

Not a smart thread.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:03 pm Not a smart thread.
Why, if you cannot constructively criticise a democratically elected leader then what is the world coming to? :beer3:
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

If I were the Big Man...
. Immediately halt all foreign land ownership and investment that is not beneficial to the people.
. declare war on China (yes, we would be fucked but UN and other countries would come to our aid and China would have to run away)
. Free beer for everyone who was born on my day, month and year who came from my country of birth... Oh... That would only be me..
- Give an apology for the previous big man that I just replaced and have him taken out and whipped with a wet noodle. (if not light hearted, I would say something stronger)
-. Put the lake back !!
. introduce social security for the aged and ivalid
- declare war on USA (well it worked to improve the German and Japanese economies didn't it?)
- Declare war on Tahiti (because Iater the push over war we would have to have a peace keeping force there, and I volunteer to do that as a peace keeper... mmmm Tahitian women...)
- Ban all people entering Cambodia who's first language is Chinese

I could think of a few others... that is enough for now
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

1. Regulate foreigners more tightly, there are far too many bad and destructive elements among them.
2. Re-educate any foreigners who become annoyances, if they refuse to learn they should be deported.
3. Anyone found bearing stupid hairstyles such as man-buns or adornments such as ironic tattoos should
be jailed until they can organize a better look. A new hair-cut police unit will be established.
4. Anyone who cannot understand Khmer will have to give up most of their human rights.
5. Long-term foreign residents will have to report for an interview at least once a year. Any displaying
anti-social traits will be tagged for deportation.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

increase health care which has already had a lot of funding.
increase bootcamp educational opportunities in the trades and languages for young adults.
try and internalise capital investment more.

quite a lot of beneficial progress has been made since my 1st visit in 2007.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 pm Count my money, and think to myself "it's incredible how far $1k a month stretches"

Especially if you have borrowed it off your wife who has a few small very successful businesses.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Name one government in the world that thinks of the people first before its self.Name one company that thinks about its workers first.
DrDisFunkShunAll
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrDisFunkShunAll »

Traffic is a big problem.

Sad to hear about the bike accident with old people. Sad.

But beware — with (dumb, uneducated) people driving cars, people in tuk tuks and cars die, too.

Just recently killed on the road:

Kok Channthy — in a tuk tuk.
Wife of prince — in a car.
NGO group — in a car.

Defensive driving helps.

Oh, the whole "ignore oncoming traffic while turning right" forces through traffic to slow down.

It assumes most people will give way.

People do look first, to make sure you're not a deadly blue truck or police force, but then deliberately cut you off, and ignore you, since most people give way anyways.

Makes my much-derided traffic school in the 8th grade look much needed lifesaving class now. Wow. We hated that class, but we all survived driving.

People are supposed to "cooperate" and "show solidarity" by being forgiving on the roads and with each other. Kinda Buddhist.

So, naturally (in Cambodia), some take advantage of that and motor through a right turn, assuming others will slow down, with no real consequence.

Try it (only) once on a Cambodian, sticking to the right. They won't be shocked.

Drive carefully out there, though. Long trips, at night, when people (like yourself) drink, and all of the above.

Or get a safe driver.
Yes, the Doctor is IN — Doctor DisFunkShunAll!

:fool: :good: =@ :P
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:18 am
cautious colin wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 pm Count my money, and think to myself "it's incredible how far $1k a month stretches"

Especially if you have borrowed it off your wife who has a few small very successful businesses.
Yeah, you are right. I am sure that is the source of the money too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic