Best Android Phone

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best Android Phone

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Best offer on a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I’m located in sihanoukville. It’s in perfect condition! 256gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 pm I bought the Huawei Y9 that I was considering for the equivalent of $230 in Thailand and I’m very happy with it. Bought a 64GB card to start with for music loading but it can a take up to a 256GB Card. The 4,000 amh battery gives me the long life I want and an excellent 16mp dual camera. Transition from using Apple to Android has been painless for me.
( I’ll take that P20 off you Yong for $100 when the P30 comes out :) )
Soon soon soon

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 pm I bought the Huawei Y9 that I was considering for the equivalent of $230 in Thailand and I’m very happy with it. Bought a 64GB card to start with for music loading but it can a take up to a 256GB Card. The 4,000 amh battery gives me the long life I want and an excellent 16mp dual camera. Transition from using Apple to Android has been painless for me.
Soon soon soon

Wow nice. Hopefully the P20 and P20 Pro might start dropping in price with the release of the new one.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 pm
yong wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 pm
Soon soon soon

Wow nice. Hopefully the P20 and P20 Pro might start dropping in price with the release of the new one.
Got a xiaomi 6 for $175. Not had any problems with it. I just cannot bring myself to pay more than $200 for something i basically use for email and maps.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:11 am]
Got a xiaomi 6 for $175. Not had any problems with it. I just cannot bring myself to pay more than $200 for something i basically use for email and maps.
Yeah I know what you mean, I didn’t mind splashing out on the latest iPhone when I was working and had spare cash but not these days when the prices of the high end ones seem to go up and up and the budget to mid-range ones offer so much. I’m really happy with the Huawei Y9 I got and use it for listening to music as much as anything, my 7.9 inch 5 year old iPad mini is my most used mobile device as I just prefer the bigger screen and it’s still portable. I’m into photography so the high end camera feature of the expensive phones doesn’t matter to me as I’d rather spend any spare cash on a good lens that will last me the next 20 years. Each to their own.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:54 am
pczz wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:11 am]
Yeah I know what you mean, I didn’t mind splashing out on the latest iPhone when I was working and had spare cash but not these days when the prices of the high end ones seem to go up and up and the budget to mid-range ones offer so much. I’m really happy with the Huawei Y9 I got and use it for listening to music as much as anything, my 7.9 inch 5 year old iPad mini is my most used mobile device as I just prefer the bigger screen and it’s still portable. I’m into photography so the high end camera feature of the expensive phones doesn’t matter to me as I’d rather spend any spare cash on a good lens that will last me the next 20 years. Each to their own.
Well if huawei are spying on you they will have to take their turn behind google and everything else. I am getting a bit worried about why i am more worried about Google and microsoft and apple spying on me that the chinese. maybe because i dont do anythg that they are going to be interested in
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

How about this:

Meet the luxury, Orthodox-friendly Russian phone dubbed ‘Tsar Vladimir’

A Russian company has revealed a gold-plated phone dubbed ‘Tsar Vladimir,’ complete with an Orthodox Christian cross symbolizing “transformation from violence to mercy.” The device hasn’t exactly received a royal welcome online.

Those hoping for a fresh Vladimir Putin reference will be disappointed, as the brand-new ‘Tsar phone Golden Vladimir’ in fact refers to a 10th-century ruler credited with bringing Christianity to Russian soil. The phone not only features a massive cross on its back, but is also meant to resemble the sword of Vladimir the Great – as well as the exuberant finery of the Russian Orthodox Church.

In a somewhat cartoonish crash course in history, the manufacturer Caviar explains that the concept was inspired by “Vladimir’s unique spiritual transformation from paganism and violence to Orthodox Christianity and mercy.” The three-nines-fine, gold-plated device sells for 279,000 rubles ($4,240).

Meanwhile, the ‘Tsar phone’ itself is in fact a button phone with a rather frugal set of features, including a 2MP camera, Bluetooth and 3G-internet.

It appears that the Orthodox-friendly device has failed to impress the Russian internet, with many ridiculing its pretentious design and inflated price online. “Looks like a coffin of some rap idol,” one of the top comments in a discussion thread on social network Picabu said.

“What about seven deadly sins, greed in particular,” one person asked, while another wondered when “Jesus is finally going to drive all the traders from the temples.”

A lone comment noted that “demand creates supply,” while one cheeky user suggested that it’s an emerging “iPhone competitor in Russia.”

It is unknown whether the Russian Orthodox Church plans to purchase the ‘Golden Vladimir’ phone for its clergy.

https://www.rt.com/rtmobile/news/latest ... 93-ADPJHpE
nik
Tourist
China

Post by nik »

One Plus 6T
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic