Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
giblet
Expatriate

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by giblet »

Do you think Mu Sochea is comparable to Somaly Mam in that she's a shameless self-promoter or do you think that like Mam, she's presenting a very different public face than what is true? Ie. Do you think Mu Sochea is corrupt, unethical, etc. or are you just annoyed at how much face time she gets in the press?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:i'm just waiting to see him in public!!!!

;-)

Kidding, I don't do grudges over debate topics.
Like Howard Hughes I am, rarely,if ever seen in public, so it might prove to be an exceptionally long wait. :hattip:
Do you keep your pee in jars?
In rather nice bottles, labelled Ganzberg. A pleasant German gentleman collects them from me, don't know what he wants with them. :hattip:
I suspect he smuggles them to Laos and transplants them to Beer Lao cans...
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

giblet wrote:Do you think Mu Sochea is comparable to Somaly Mam in that she's a shameless self-promoter or do you think that like Mam, she's presenting a very different public face than what is true? Ie. Do you think Mu Sochea is corrupt, unethical, etc. or are you just annoyed at how much face time she gets in the press?
Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

takeoman wrote:Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
I'll admit that I don't know enough about her to make any substantial comment, but with most politicians here, it's easy enough to say why you don't like them. Ie. they've done something terrible already. With her, I can't think of anything terrible.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

giblet wrote:
takeoman wrote:Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
I'll admit that I don't know enough about her to make any substantial comment, but with most politicians here, it's easy enough to say why you don't like them. Ie. they've done something terrible already. With her, I can't think of anything terrible.
I'm not aware of any terrible skeletons rattling around in her cupboard but neither am I aware of any marvelous achievements, which would justify the acclaim she receives from many in the ex pat community. At times she reminds me more of a 60's student activist, jumping on every bandwagon,rushing to join every demo. I'm hoping that LTO, or one of the other political sages, can explain her appeal. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:i'm just waiting to see him in public!!!!

;-)

Kidding, I don't do grudges over debate topics.
Like Howard Hughes I am, rarely,if ever seen in public, so it might prove to be an exceptionally long wait. :hattip:
Do you keep your pee in jars?
In rather nice bottles, labelled Ganzberg. A pleasant German gentleman collects them from me, don't know what he wants with them. :hattip:
Now I understand Ganzberg. It's been bugging me for months as to how it was so disgusting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic