Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Aeon mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by xandreu »

Given the circumstances, it's perfectly reasonable to question it. There are two sides to every story. We only have your version of events to go on. Its not unreasonable to wonder what the "thugs" version of events would be if they were here to give them.

It doesn't make me a twat. But a guy walking round a shopping mall on his own taking pictures of young girls certainly makes you suspicious.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Why did you you ask the 18 year old girls who were photographing each other to pose for a photo for you? What were your plans for that photo?
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

I was simply taking general photos of the new mall to share on my Facebook page. I went outside at the top to take snaps of the nature and penh skyline, and as I went back inside saw a couple of girls aged like 18 posing for snaps and a large group of friends were photographing them. Then I just kinda snapped them as i was passing by , and those girls actually happily posed for me with smiles and "cool" hand expressions. This was therefore fine and truly nobody else's business, so I was very surprised when a couple of so called "moralistic" thugs decided what I was doing was even anything of their business in the first place, let alone in any way wrong or immoral. I mean what is wrong taking a photo of people that are happy to pose for a quick snap and what is perverse about that?...and what does that say of the actual mindset of those thugs??? Sheet!... it was just one of many photos of the mall and stuff. That isn't difficult to understand or comprehend.

As for Xandu and xxxx, I'm assuming these are the guys trying to explain their bizarre over reaction. I mean I already explained myself to the Security (and actually called them in the first place), so to be cross examined like this by people on this forum is a bit pointless especially as I've already mentioned that i was dealing with drunken and very probably drugged up, thugs who acted completely way out of order, in fact the reaction of these thick dumb asses was bizarre; (who refused to even listen to a word of what I had to say, or even deal with the information desk when I asked them to!) So who's hiding or trying to run away now then???

I even filed complaints of the incidents and have contact numbers to call if I get any more shit from those 2 losers so go figure, Xandu and xxxx., whoever you may be.

If it's any consolation I explained what happened to me to my friends and they were saddened to hear what happened and both shocked and appalled at the way it was dealt with.
Last edited by shnoukieBRO on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:43 pm
Thoughts welcome, please.
Just be patient and watch them covered on the news some day...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

It's kind of unusual for an old white dude to hang out in malls in Cambodia asking 18 year old girls to pose for him.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

As opposed to an older white dude who likes to take photos of semi-naked, older, barang males in public....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:47 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm Why did you care so much about what they thought? You weren’t doing anything wrong.

You should have just told them to fuck off and walked away.
They were agressive and nuts screaming delete the photo over and over, and didn't walk away.

Plus i really disliked these two idiots acting the way they were /and wanted the security to officially give them the run down on who was in charge.

Why did you not take a pic/video of them ?
Because they weren't teenage girls.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Really? Did you ask the girls for I'd ??

OK clever clogs why did you assume that, and why do you think I had no issues showing security the photo of the girls in question? Your behaviour was completely bizarre and security had to tell you over and again to stop acting agressively.

If it's any consolation I can also restore the deleted image. I have nothing to hide and friends who know me. What about your story? I see you've just joined this forum specifically to harass me.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 am It's kind of unusual for an old white dude to hang out in malls in Cambodia asking 18 year old girls to pose for him.
Lol.. it would indeed be strange if that was my only interest, however you forget that I was there taking general photos of the Mall because it's a brand new Mall and has only been open like 2 days. I only took that photo as I was passing by and it was just a photo of 2 girls that were having a good time posing for their friends and then me..so nothing really strange about that. I mean I didnt ask them to pose for me they did that automatically. In fact it's so benign you'd wonder how 2 blokes could see that it was in any possible way offensive or creepy.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:12 am Really? Did you ask the girls for I'd ?
Did you ask the girls for id before snapping their photo? You are the one who said they were 18. (i.e. teenagers).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic