We fixed it. Well...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: We fixed it. Well...

Post by John Bingham »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm Tomorrow . . .

Nothing there a few buckets of gravel and a hacked off branch of a tree wouldn't cure.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm hey;
did u buy an interest in ceo, take over ceo news's job or just bored??? LOL
I'm on my laptop at the moment 16 hours a day and CEO is a welcome diversion when I need a break from what my main focus is through these hours. I also arrive back in Phnom Penh for three or four months at the beginning of August, so it's of added interest to scour the web for stories about what's happening in Cambodia prior to my arrival.

Added to that, i'd like to see CEO succeed and enjoy some further growth.
Hell yeah, that's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, a personal thanks to you for taking the time to have a look around the interwebz and find interesting things to share with our community. You, and everyone else who has fun participating on CEO is the reason we as a community have been so successful, and have grown from nonexistent to quickly becoming the undisputed, most popular Cambodia forum. Really, the rate we've been growing over the last 8 or so months has been nothing short of a fucking miracle.

I think it's easy to forget that not that long ago we were relatively 'quiet' forum, especially if you looked at our competition, but the tables have turned, and while I am proud of that, and hope we all are, I have no ego about this, it's just been great to see our community grow so much and attract so many active members (and lurkers, we love you too).

The reason I had over 20,000 posts on The Old Forum (back in its glory days, mind you) is the same reason I am thrilled to see CEO doing so well now and why I spend so much time helping it grow: FOR FUN!!!!!!! I really love it, you guys truly provide the best entertainment that I've ever had online!!! I've actually been busy as a mofo with things behind the scenes, but some of the crazy stuff that's been going on has been so entertaining, I'd say it's actually been distracting with my offline CEO projects the last few days, lol.

I mean, even Bloomberg reached out to our community last month because they wanted to hear from YOU, and we just got a mention in their latest article about Cambodia. That's pretty fucking cool!!

Cambodia is a country that just keeps on giving, and it also seems like the rest of the world has been paying a lot more attention to Cambodia (good or bad, eh) this past year, and we are right here with front row seats to the show!

I also like that we seem to be getting a lot of 'newbies' to the country signing up and asking whatever random questions they have, and for the most part, CEO members go fairly easy on them and almost always help them with the info they seek. We were all newbies here in Cambodia, or somewhere else abroad, for the first time, so I'm glad we are a community that (generally) doesn't have chips on our shoulders and are willing to help newcomers.

And we have an amazing Mod/News Team, which ALL YOU guys have helped in deciding how to run things. I know we won't all agree on every modding decision we make, but we take everyone's input onboard and really couldn't have gotten where we are today without the contributions of everyone. And I greatly appreciate the people who have disagreed with moderation actions we have taken from time to time, but haven't been scared off.

Actually, one idea we've been throwing around behind the scenes is trying to encourage more of our members to start topics, and one random thing we're gonna start doing is to give KARMA to topic starters. It's a work in progress, and no, you won't be able to trade them in for Bitcoin, but it's just for fun, and we'll see how it goes. Sure, maybe some of you are allergic to Karma, lol, and we can't help you there, but just remember, we all volunteer, and I think we'll have a karma account that will go around giving topic starters a karma point.

And as always, negative karma should be used to express that you don't like a post, but not simply because you don't agree with what's said, or aren't the biggest fan of the person, but because you think it's not a positive contribution, is just trolling, etc. We have had a few 'karma feuds' recently, but hey, it's just a fun feature, and we also appreciate the people who have had fun using it and also drawing attention to those that abuse it. Sure, feel free to add a message with it, but it's NOT to be used to tell people to 'fuck off.' After all this time I just realized that not only can we delete bullshit karma attacks, we can also disable a single person's ability to use the fucntion if they seem to just wanna use it to get shitty with people.

Ok, I'm rambling.... But thanks to Kungfu Hillbilly and EVERYONE who contributes here. We appreciate it and put in a lot of time to make sure you all have a say and have fun discussing anything and everything here on CEO.

OK, I swear, one more Gin& tonic and then I'm off. The place we're staying at has a free breakfast, so I gotta get my ass up by 9 am. :smileinbox:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

You wrote that (non-egotistical) monologue while out in company? Sheesh.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:07 pm OK, I swear, one more Gin& tonic and then I'm off. The place we're staying at has a free breakfast, so I gotta get my ass up by 9 am. :smileinbox:
Free breakfast...don't miss it.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic