Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by General Mackevili »

dagenham wrote:
And please tell OD that I am not a "drinker", as you clearly know firsthand.

Hi, OD. How are you? Daggers wanted me to tell you he's not a drinker. Ok, take care.

:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Rain Dog wrote:
UKJ wrote:
Rain Dog wrote: Not sure why you think I am obligated to respond to propaganda from a book I don't even own (and never would) from an ultra-fringe Christian Missionary in Africa who spends his time (when not bashing Muslims) bashing Gays in Africa.
Because you quoted it !!! You quoted the post, then tried your smear stuff. If you don't want to debate something, then why try you and Dara's "plastic surgery of the forum" ????
Anyway, I'll take you're third refusal to comment on the actual piece as acknowledgement that you can't deny some of the stuff is true. I don't mean to rub your nose in your ignorance of the world ...
FFS -- you quoted the book --- I pointed out the author was a Fringe Far Right Missionary in Africa who is famous for hating Muslims and Gays and whom even the Billy Graham Foundation dismisses as fringe and hate mongering. Why would I want to even read it much less debate it?
You keep mentioning Billy Graham. I guess you rate his opinion. His son thinks Islam is wicked and evil? How tolerant was Billy Graham to homosexuality?
Is Islam tolerant of gay people????

Anyway, I've lost count. Is it 4 or 5 times you've failed to answer, regarding a post you quoted? You won't even answer if you have lived in any of the places mentioned.
So either the papers, Sky News, the BBC and Dr Hammond etc are wrong, or you , who won't debate it, is wrong.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Rain Dog wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Do you actually know anything about the Billy Graham organisation?

Are you affiliated with them?

I hope you are not just using superficial stuff to fuel your argument here. As often is the case, what some radicals say is truthful and that is why others object to it.

Remember, Jesus was a radical who spoke the truth exposing the hypocrisy in his time, so the religious men of the day had him killed and tried to silence his followers.

I know nothing about the people getting slagged off here, but I always wonder when they get so many trying to silence them.
You are not following along well. I quoted

Roy Oksnevad, director of Muslim Ministries at the Billy Graham Center.

His reaction to the author's book was as follows:

"There is a growing body of what I call “Fear Literature” that is often perpetrated from the Conservative Right and in particular the Christian Conservative Right. It tends to center on acts of violence. The main thesis is that violence and other atrocities must have a theological root cause. This literature is fear-based with the perspective of desiring to preserve our present society from an “evil” takeover. This is an over simplification. Here is what I have found: The process of industrialization, modernization, and globalization has occurred irrespective of the influence of religion."

What part is so hard to understand?

Even the guy who is in charge of Evangelical efforts targeted at Muslims dismisses the book and it's genre from which it spawned.
The part that you omitted:

Roy Oksnevad, director of Muslim Ministries at the Billy Graham Center, Wheaton College, gave the following response to my previous post reviewing Peter Hammond’s book, Slavery, Terrorism and Islam.

I would like to affirm Warren Larson’s very eloquent assessment and reaction to Hammond’s book. Though I have not read Peter Hammond’s book, Slavery, Terrorism, and Islam:
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

dagenham wrote:
Love your stats here, Mate. So...based on the OZ ones I am guessing you agree with your dear friend and comrade SC about his assertion that OZ is turning Islamist any day now? By the way, it's currently 2.2% Muslim in OZ according to the official OZ stat site.

Those are obviously huge numbers and allegedly 76% of the politicians in OZ are "Shadow Muslims" (they are hiding their religious affiliation) and are waiting in the wings for the coming " Radical Islamist Revolution".

Also, Murdock and Rinehart have both been seen recently kneeling on prayer rugs pointed toward Mecca. Even Abbot has been seen rubbing wooden Muslim worry beads in his sweaty slick hands....

The OZ Islamist Caliphate is coming...to a suburb near you...soon...
Lol Dags --- the Hater Christian fundies are out in full force today. And be careful with shadow politicians in Oz --- because in the USA everyone that goes to church knows that Obama is actually the secret Mooooosliiiimmm Love child of Quadaffi and Saddam Husseins transexual brother (sister?). It's a global conspiracy ---- even Cambodia based forum owners are flying to Saudi Arabia to get their instructions on how to Islamamize Cambodia (Hint: It starts with Halal Pizza)
Last edited by Rain Dog on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

dagenham wrote:
UKJ wrote:Maybe if I break it down, and ask a specific question of Dara, who communicates under the counter, and RD who goes off on tangents. And maybe they could tell me where they live and if they have recently lived in any of the countries mentioned in the piece.

So. Is this wrong? This seems to describe where I live...........

Here's how it works:
As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving
minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:
United States -- Muslim 0..6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.

For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims.

They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply.
This is occurring in:
France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law.
Love your stats here, Mate. So...based on the OZ ones I am guessing you agree with your dear friend and comrade SC about his assertion that OZ is turning Islamist any day now? By the way, it's currently 2.2% Muslim in OZ according to the official OZ stat site.

Those are obviously huge numbers and allegedly 76% of the politicians in OZ are "Shadow Muslims" (they are hiding their religious affiliation) and are waiting in the wings for the coming " Radical Islamist Revolution".

Also, Murdock and Rinehart have both been seen recently kneeling on prayer rugs pointed toward Mecca. Even Abbot has been seen rubbing wooden Muslim worry beads in his sweaty slick hands....

They are not my stats.
Could you post a link to where Stroppy said Oz is turning Islam any day now, thanks?

I don't live in Australia.
You guys aren't very good at assumptions. Maybe you should all just stick to facts, and leave wild assumptions out of it.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Joker Poker wrote:[

Roy Oksnevad, director of Muslim Ministries at the Billy Graham Center, Wheaton College, gave the following response to my previous post reviewing Peter Hammond’s book, Slavery, Terrorism and Islam.

I would like to affirm Warren Larson’s very eloquent assessment and reaction to Hammond’s book. Though I have not read Peter Hammond’s book, Slavery, Terrorism, and Islam:
Why does everyone need to read every piece of crap coming from the extremist right. If I saw a book about Jews written by some Neo Nazi Org I would only need to see the summary of what it's about to judge it.

Tell you what mate. If you are so interested -- go buy it and read it yourself. Examine his numbers, source, methodology and biases critically and objectively (if possible for you).

Then again if you hate Jews as much as Muslims I hear you can get copies of "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" quite cheap these days.

Same genre -- different targets.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Rain Dog wrote:
dagenham wrote:

Lol Dags --- the Hater Christian fundies are out in full force today. And be careful with shadow politicians in Oz --- because in the USA everyone that goes to church knows that Obama is actually the secret Mooooosliiiimmm Love child of Quadaffi and Saddam Husseins transexual brother (sister?). It's a global conspiracy ---- even Cambodia based forum owners are flying to Saudi Arabia get their instructions on how to Islamamize Cambodia (Hint: It starts with Halal Pizza)
Dags, see what I mean about you guys not being very good at assumptions? I'm not a Christian.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Rain Dog wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:[

Why does everyone need to read every piece of crap coming from the extremist right. If I saw a book about Jews written by some Neo Nazi Org I would only need to see the summary of what it's about to judge it.

Tell you what mate. If you are so interested -- go buy it and read it yourself. Examine his numbers, source, methodology and biases critically and objectively (if possible for you).

Then again if you hate Jews as much as Muslims I hear you can get copies of "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" quite cheap these days.

Same genre -- different targets.
Now you are doing the same as the guy who didn't read the book but makes a proclamation about it.

Over and out.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Joker Poker wrote:
Now you are doing the same as the guy who didn't read the book but makes a proclamation about it.

Over and out.
You think I am wrong to dismiss Protocols of the Elders of Zion without reading it?!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

General Mackevili wrote:
dagenham wrote:
And please tell OD that I am not a "drinker", as you clearly know firsthand.

Hi, OD. How are you? Daggers wanted me to tell you he's not a drinker. Ok, take care.

:facepalm:
You sneaky Pete you...ha! Dude....you know I aint no drinker - you went to several bars with me. End of story on that...and I know you and OD are very deep into a bromance (which is a good thing as your progeny is CEO!), but you still have to speak the truth (so help you god)...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic