find boiled linseed (flaxseed) oil and wood working tools? Thanks!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: find boiled linseed (flaxseed) oil and wood working tools? Thanks!

Post by StroppyChops »

HarleyG wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:47 pm Right! Thanks again! More than helpful! I found the tool shop near (Ratana) the Clay joint and that woman (Pak) was super helpful! Bought some stuff she had on hand and she was so busy when I was there she kept apologizing. So I just showed her fotos of what I needed and she gave me her email addy and assured me that everything I showed her, she could get for me (except for maybe the BLOil)! I will check out these other 2 places you mentioned 2moro! Thanks again! Huge Time saver!! Cheers!!
If she hasn't already shown you, she has a trade catalogue of all powertools available here, can get them in within a half day if they're in the country, or a few days if they're not. She doesn't know what they all are but is happy to give you a good price if you point to what you want. Small tools up to thicknessers and work tables.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Re: RM

A N, S, E, W is so much easier to understand.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 pm Re: RM

This should be good... show us how it's done!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

HarleyG wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm Can anyone tell me where I can find “boiled linseed oil” (flaxseed oil) and wood working tools in the beautiful Kingdom of Cambodia?? Thanks for any help!
By the way, if you haven't already done so try virgin coconut oil where you'd normally use linseed, especially if you're working with light coloured or contrast-grained timbers. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:07 pm

The side parallel to MST is North. Take it from there.

:hattip: :beer3:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 pm

I was looking forward to you describing it! Given that RM appears to be but isn't a true grid... :)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 pm

I was looking forward to you describing it! Given that RM appears to be but isn't a true grid... :)
Not quite sure what you're playing at, but here, try this.

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

StroppyChops wrote:
HarleyG wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm Can anyone tell me where I can find “boiled linseed oil” (flaxseed oil) and wood working tools in the beautiful Kingdom of Cambodia?? Thanks for any help!
By the way, if you haven't already done so try virgin coconut oil where you'd normally use linseed, especially if you're working with light coloured or contrast-grained timbers. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Can't find virgin coconut oil out here. Maybe it's coz all the coconuts are fucked?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:40 am
StroppyChops wrote:
Can't find virgin coconut oil out here. Maybe it's coz all the coconuts are fucked?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
No, it's because the growers can get small money for green coconuts and refuse to wait to get good money for brown coconuts. There is a real grower shortage, and producers are having to import mature coconuts.

We buy in wholesale quantities so I can't advise on retail buying, other than to recommend to only buy Coco Khmer oils. The other brands are often rancid. If you buy VCO always open it before you leave the shop and check the smell - should be a fresh nutty smell, and you will know if it's rancid. Obviously buy it before you open it, and don't buy containers that are not sealed.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:29 am We buy in wholesale quantities so I can't advise on retail buying, other than to recommend to only buy Coco Khmer oils. The other brands are often rancid. If you buy VCO always open it before you leave the shop and check the smell - should be a fresh nutty smell, and you will know if it's rancid. Obviously buy it before you open it, and don't buy containers that are not sealed.
I bought some in Thai Huot in BKK1. Brand name COCOlicious. Made in Philps. Seems good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic