Are there riots expected ?

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Are there riots expected ?

Post by bolueeleh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:56 pm

whats there to riot? little birds told me any organiser of protest r quickly put away
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by John Bingham » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm

The security forces here have undergone a huge change in the time I've been here. There was some beefing up during the Thai border conflict but most has been in the past 5 years. The Gendarmerie have gone from looking rather ill-equipped to looking like armored-up stormtroopers. The Flying Tigers police unit with their bottle green uniforms, sometimes termed "intervention units" (for good reason) are more visible recently. The BHQ guys have also gone hi-tech. The municipal guards used to just mind the parks but are a bit more scary these days. A few years ago it was rare to see municipal, sangkat or traffic police driving anything other than a double up on a Dream. Nowadays there are badged trucks all over. And that's only the ones in uniform.

So my point is that if you wanted to riot in Phnom Penh there is so much security around that you'd be rioting for about 10 seconds before you got dragged off to a re-education session.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 pm

I saw them tonight on major intersections.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic