Could it get any worse than this ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Could it get any worse than this ?

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

zmth wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 am Went to that Oscars on the corner place and we were immediately turned off at the door. Seems it IS a girlie bar though cannot say 100% sure. What happened is some girl comes out likely working there trying to hustle us inside. Needless to say did not go in after that. Seems like it may be one of those disgusting places with ' ladies ' drinks and hustlers who work for the place. Did not seem it was going to be anything like the old walkabout. By the way to the person who said street 172. Exactly where on 172. I hope you don't mean 'cat' bar nor pontoon. Seems the grand sorya mall has lost all ambience of the past.
Maybe Larry's would be a better bar for you. You can buy the lady drinks for the staff if you really want to. No disrespect to Larry's well-fed staff, but I don't know why anyone would do that. I don't because it's disgusting. Across the road you'll find Garage bar. I couldn't say if they hustle or not. Long time since I've been there. Score! is a normal sports bar; no lady drinks. Then there's Blue Dog if you're into man-buns, elephant pants and dreadlocks. Many options in PP.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am
zmth wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 am What happened is some girl comes out likely working there trying to hustle us inside. Needless to say did not go in after that. Seems like it may be one of those disgusting places with ' ladies ' drinks and hustlers who work for the place.
How is that any more disgusting than the meth whores who hustle at GSM and used to do the same at Walkabout?
neither of those had ladies drinks and they were NOT directly employed in any sense by the bar.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:17 am
zmth wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 am It was bad enough walkabout closed
How to give a detailed description of someone in one sentence! That says it all! :lol:

Tell me a place that's better - that is the way it was in january 2016. Please !!

If there is one place to which the phrase " here today, gone tomorrow " is applicable it's got to be Cambodia and u better believe tomorrow is consistently one hell of a lot worse.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

what the hell hapenned i did not post all that again !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic