Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Hi all,

Live in Pattaya and worked in Nigeria - that's a good start right. Been coming to Cambodia a couple of times a year for 10 years only to PP, but as it's got more hectic I prefer the laid back beach life of Sihanoukville for a break.

I'm on the other forum but I dislike the double standards of the mods, I recently gave back as good as I got to a mod and the post was deleted after a few minutes. His original post stood - wtf.

So it's great to see a new alternative and hopefully we can all contribute to a more positive, funny, unrestricted but non-vindictive forum.

Good luck guys.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Hi all,

Live in Pattaya and worked in Nigeria - that's a good start right. Been coming to Cambodia a couple of times a year for 10 years only to PP, but as it's got more hectic I prefer the laid back beach life of Sihanoukville for a break.
Worked in Nigeria? That sounds interesting. How was life there?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Soi Dog wrote:

Send him your bank account details and he'll tell you
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Soi Dog wrote:

Interesting is a fair description. Pretty tough and guarded compound living, I was in charge of finance for an oil company so you had to be watching all the angles for theft and fraud, just a fact of life there. I'd never go back as I think it's more dangerous now than ever. East Africa's much nicer from my experience, the people are more laid back and as friendly as the Cambodians.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:
So it's great to see a new alternative and hopefully we can all contribute to a more positive, funny, unrestricted but non-vindictive forum.

Good luck guys.
Thanks, and well said!
Bring Back Buck wrote:Hi. New in town. Just getting used to life in the Kingdom of Wonder.
Hi! Welcome to town (which town, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, etc?). We're a pretty knowledgeable group on here, so feel free to ask any questions that spring to mind about living here.
The Educator wrote:Good evening.

I am a professor of archaeology and a one time professional pool player. I also hold a masters degree in physics. I would be glad to dicuss any of these interests with like minded forumites.

Kind regards,
The Educator.
Awesome man, welcome aboard!
horace wrote:I never introduced myself as i didn't think it necessary
Definitely not necessary, but you're an interesting character, so I hope you can tell us a little about yourself!

Thanks, all!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sohi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sohi »

Hi guys, I'm a seven year resident of sihanoukville spending the last 5 in the Otres area, I live on a farm and Dj Dnb. I also do a bit of sound tech shit so any questions about live/dj set ups I'm your man
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Followed a PM link from the other forum. I presume others have too since I see many of the same handles here as there. Does the world really need another Cambodia expat forum? Choice is a good thing and all, but too much choice gets distracting. Is there enough time and energy to drive both? Oh well, I'm here now.

GM, thanks for the karma (what can I spend it on?) and yes, still interested in dancing. Anyone know if there is any Argentine tango, west coast swing or modern jive in Phnom Penh? Google doesn't think so. Salsa and ballet have never been my thing.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Whats up everyone. I have been in country for almost 12 months now. Before deciding to move here a year or so ago, I did the typical backpacker trail around SE Asia sans Vietnam. Right now I work part time for an NGO and part time as a freelance writer, mainly drafting up useless content for blogs. I am in a happy relationship with a Khmer women whom I live with in Phnom Penh.

I really enjoy Cambodia's diversity when it comes to travelling. I recently heard someone say that Phnom Penh has always been like a country within a country. Pretty true I think and those words made a lot of sense to me. Drive 30 minutes in any direction out of Phnom Penh and the country side lifestyle and surroundings really do make those words true.

Anyways, if we can make it, you might see us this Friday over on ThePrimeMinister's Ultimate Frisbee boat party.

Cheers :beer3:

Sir_Q
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

walkjivefly wrote:Does the world really need another Cambodia expat forum? Is there enough time and energy to drive both?
YES and YES.

@admin: how about someone doing a proper interview with horace? He's a very interesting guy to talk to and he's led a very strange life. (When you get that front page, lol)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
badboybubby
Expatriate
Australia

Post by badboybubby »

and while you're at it see if you can get turkey man jamie..you can always email him the questionnaire...

:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic