Tap Water Opinions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Tap Water Opinions

Post by cannabistourist »

Anyway, can you tell me what is the problem with bottled water ? And anyway smart people drink mineral water !

I never drank standard water anywhere in the world, I have enough shit coming into my body, especially lungs, no need to add more !
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Only dumbfucks who fall for marketing BS from companies like Coca Cola and Nestle think tap water in most countries is unsafe to drink..

Coca-Cola paid $1mn in fines of selling tap water in the UK claiming it was spring water.

Only religion beats the bottled water scam in outrageousness.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Here is something else for people to think about, How big is a molecule of H2O ? How big is a molecule of a chemical ? Lets pick 245D as an example. If a H2O goes through a water filter why would a 245D molecule or any other not go through a water filter.
Another good example is, liquid food coloring will pass straight through a water filter.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

And let's not mention lead or the fluoride debate...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am
Heng Heng Heng wrote:Although it is said to be safe when it leaves the water treatment station, I have never been brave enough to try it from the tap.
Ive heard the same thing although I would hate to think the state of the pipes between the plant and the houses.

Never been brave enough to drink straight from the tap here but use it for cooking, coffee and brushing teeth regularly without problem.
same here, might give it a go though, would save me a fortune on drinking water lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Charcoal/clay filter $12 from NGO, never bought bottled water again.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Tried drinking the tap water in chinkville,whilst it did not make me sick it had a taste about it.Also you do not know how clean the 20l bottles are before they are filled and what they are filled with.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Plastic degrades in a toxic manner anyway, so even if they were filled with clean water, if they have been used many times there is a still a concern
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I've had food poisoning here once from bad ice in beer. They type where you sit on the toilet while vomiting into a bucket. I also fear worm eggs and bacteria in the water, so I will continue to resist tap water unless filtered.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

that genius wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am Plastic degrades in a toxic manner anyway, so even if they were filled with clean water, if they have been used many times there is a still a concern
WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90% of bottled water

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced a review into the potential risks of plastic in drinking water after a new analysis of some of the world’s most popular bottled water brands found that more than 90% contained tiny pieces of plastic. A previous study also found high levels of microplastics in tap water.

In the new study, analysis of 259 bottles from 19 locations in nine countries across 11 different brands found an average of 325 plastic particles for every litre of water being sold.

In one bottle of Nestlé Pure Life, concentrations were as high as 10,000 plastic pieces per litre of water. Of the 259 bottles tested, only 17 were free of plastics, according to the study.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... study-says
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic