Short term appartment rental

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Short term appartment rental

Post by chorlton »

yeah im starting to see that most aren't here to help the OPs merely to jump on them or anyone that offers help

sad state of affairs that
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

chorlton wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 pm yeah im starting to see that most aren't here to help the OPs merely to jump on them or anyone that offers help

The real serious offers were already sent by PM. Ask him .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

chorlton wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 pm yeah im starting to see that most aren't here to help the OPs merely to jump on them or anyone that offers help

Not really, I'd say the great majority of posts in the thread offered worthwhile advice. You're advice just wasn't particularly accurate. CN simply pointed that out.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

anything else pm me
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

chorlton wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm

if you need to jump in actually correcting people that is
I apologize that the wording of my post was curt and dismissive. I just found the content of your post to be totally incorrect, and that’s what I was trying to convey to the OP so he didn’t end up wasting time looking for a nonexistent $200 one month rental of a good sized apartment with WiFi and AC near the central riverside area.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:05 am
chorlton wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm

if you need to jump in actually correcting people that is
I apologize that the wording of my post was curt and dismissive. I just found the content of your post to be totally incorrect, and that’s what I was trying to convey to the OP so he didn’t end up wasting time looking for a nonexistent $200 one month rental of a good sized apartment with WiFi and AC near the central riverside area.
not a problem sir
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

If you go private and not through an agency, the owners most of the time will do even 1 or 2 months. When I lived there a couple years ago, anything under 300 was a shithole,
with relatively good ones starting at around 400. You can walk around the street, since most rentals have a sign written. If you hire an agency they will just take you to the same ones, but since they charge a month,
renting 1-2 months will not work.
You can find a motodop who speaks English and pay him to help. Though it's probably easier renting a hotel suite, Hint: st. 278 near Wat Lanka has some good suites for around 450 (2 years ago), but it's BKK1 not in downtown.
If you want AC that can be another 100 per month if you go private, and it's included in the hotel. Also often the private apts are inadequately furnished and internet may be nonexistent or poor. And one more major
advantage of the suite, you can make it completely flexible, I was paying be the day so I could leave any time and not take any loss.
I also used to rent an apartment but I went back to suites after that since the apartment wasn't cheaper in the end and the suite had the AC and good wifi + cable tv included. Get one that has a kitchen, that's important.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello, can you tell me what you have found ? Thanks.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

why are you bumping lots of old threads asking the same question?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic