Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by dagenham »

Dara wrote:So it appears that Stroppy set a trap.
And he baited it well.

Then he attacks people who fell in.

The failure of Chrisianity. Epic fail.
Wise perception, friend...SC is loving this entire episode - generates discussion on "religion"...the cliche is apt here: "any publicity is good publicity"...

His problems start when he is actually being honest and reveals his true feelings...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Dara wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Well, I'm sorry that a potentially thought provoking thread has turned into such a morass.
Thanks Joker,

Did you notice that no one said, "What would Jesus say?" I speak here
for the Jesuits, who unfortunately can not speak for themselves.
Jesus would say that Islam is the closest thing to the true religion,
and that he would be Islamic.
There is no way that Jesus would be Islamic, regardless of what any Jesuit may think.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And raindog, read the above... for the 5th time, not shit about this has to do with stroppy in my book. It could have been any religious poster and this would have happened. Dengaham has been following stroppy around threads since he first found out about his religious affiliations trolling and harassing him.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

OrangeDragon wrote:
dagenham wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Merged the new thread dengaham made with the one that already existed on the subject, and which he quoted his original post from. And this is exactly the kind of shit i was talking about that lead to your original ban dengaham... do I need to use caps for you to understand it?
This thread is bogged down and my point is a separate one...there is no name calling, no "hate speech", no trolling...read it...
Congradulations on bogging it down... no neet to start another one. This one got moved because the subject is obviously undiscussable here. And re-read your whole last sentence in the "OP" you tried to create, then ask yourself about the there is no name calling, no "hate speech", no trolling aspect.

One thing I learned as 15 years a regular on a political debate board, is that is if you are going to allow political debate, and you you want actual reasoned debate, it needs fairly heavy moderation, perhaps foremost to keep it on topic and the trolls from deliberately derailing it.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

OrangeDragon wrote:
dagenham wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
dagenham wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Merged the new thread dengaham made with the one that already existed on the subject, and which he quoted his original post from. And this is exactly the kind of shit i was talking about that lead to your original ban dengaham... do I need to use caps for you to understand it?
This thread is bogged down and my point is a separate one...there is no name calling, no "hate speech", no trolling...read it...
Congradulations on bogging it down... no neet to start another one. This one got moved because the subject is obviously undiscussable here. And re-read your whole last sentence in the "OP" you tried to create, then ask yourself about the there is no name calling, no "hate speech", no trolling aspect.
You're so wedded to SC you can't see through his BS...there is no evidence whatsoever for OZ turning Islamist... so why not call him out on irrational hate filled "fear-mongering"?
You keep trying to make my actions about stroppy... they're not. Clue in and get over it. They're about this site. I'm not going to have you bashing every new member just because you don't like their religion, or chasing off religious ones because they've read your drivel. Stroppy is more than willing to respond to your challenges, not all persons of religion would be willing to and would just pass over the site. People who could be valuable contributors, which frankly you're not being by ranting and raving over your 2 or 3 pet subjects any time there's a mention of them. You are VERY clearly trolling him, and making a whole new thread to do it in was especially unacceptable.

The fact you don't care about how your actions negatively impact this site, and are only thinking about how my actions are impacting your fun of acting out your mancrush on Stroppy, only goes to punctuate that aspect.
Nice attempt there, but weak in the end...

Who began this thread? Who rants about OZ turning Islamist like it's the end of the world (which is just insane)? Who is fear-mongering incoherently?

You don't hesitate to beat me up and ban me and yet...mute on SC's vitriol...there are many others who have seen this for what it is...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

dagenham wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:You should have the right to say anything. Im sick of this PC bullshit. Thank God Im an American....idfk how you guys in Europe and Australia function for not being allowed to speak.
Hate speech is not protected under free speech.
Classic. So no one can ever say that they hate:

a) Paedophiles
b) Mass Murderers
c) Nazis
d) Rapists

Everyone hates all the above (unless you're one of 'em, eh?)

Bullshit, OD...there is "hate speech" and then there is "hate speech" - usually it is prohibited when it incites "action" or violence...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Orange Im not going mud sling ya....but you should know at least 1 amendment in the U.S

a) Paedophiles
b) Mass Murderers
c) Nazis
d) Rapists

Of course not but in America they get a say also. NAMBLA for example. The U.S has a simple rule...as long as you dont threated to hurt someone or yell fire in a crowded place when their is actually no fire you can so what ever you want. Now the Media may try their hardest to "curb" this great right and paint into a corner to look somewhat like England. But fat chance.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:And raindog, read the above... for the 5th time, not shit about this has to do with stroppy in my book. It could have been any religious poster and this would have happened. Dengaham has been following stroppy around threads since he first found out about his religious affiliations trolling and harassing him.
Nonsense --- on this very thread you have Add Jay posting from a hate site from Pamela Geller. Read about her here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Geller

I am not reporting the post or requesting it be deleted -- I think it should stand as it is better to allow ignorance to expose itself rather than be hidden.

I mention to point out your double standards. You are obsessed with protecting Stroppy from Dags --- EVEN WHEN HE BRINGS RELEVANT FACTS AS HE JUST DID.

Yet despite your words above, linking to hate sites goes by unchallenged.

That is double standards.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

LTO wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
dagenham wrote:

One thing I learned as 15 years a regular on a political debate board, is that is if you are going to allow political debate, and you you want actual reasoned debate, it needs fairly heavy moderation, perhaps foremost to keep it on topic and the trolls from deliberately derailing it.
So you also think that SC's statement about OZ turning Islamist is not absurd, inciting, or provoking reactions deliberately? I am trying to (with facts) show SC for what he is - a clever troll himself cloaked in a Christianity "good 'ol boy" pose...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

dagenham wrote:
Nice attempt there, but weak in the end...

Who began this thread? Who rants about OZ turning Islamist like it's the end of the world (which is just insane)? Who is fear-mongering incoherently?

You don't hesitate to beat me up and ban me and yet...mute on SC's vitriol...there are many others who have seen this for what it is...
If you were just discussing the religion, that would be fine... but you don't have the willpower or want to resist taking shots at the poster over his beliefs and religion. And you can't seem to tell the difference.

He does for sure seem fairly anti islamic, and since we don't have any islamic posters for him to attack on it we don't know if he's go down the same low road you like to take. he's talked about the religion... you talk about the religious poster.

Raindog, i didn't delete his post (though i should have removed the last line) i just refused to let him spin this whole mess off into a whole new whole mess in a new thread.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Rain Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:And raindog, read the above... for the 5th time, not shit about this has to do with stroppy in my book. It could have been any religious poster and this would have happened. Dengaham has been following stroppy around threads since he first found out about his religious affiliations trolling and harassing him.
Nonsense --- on this very thread you have Add Jay posting from a hate site from Pamela Geller. Read about her here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Geller

I am not reporting the post or requesting it be deleted -- I think it should stand as it is better to allow ignorance to expose itself rather than be hidden.

I mention to point out your double standards. You are obsessed with protecting Stroppy from Dags --- EVEN WHEN HE BRINGS RELEVANT FACTS AS HE JUST DID.

Yet despite your words above, linking to hate sites goes by unchallenged.

That is double standards.
i hadn't clicked his link, so didn't know it was a hate site... see how that works when you don't report stuff!?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic