Do you believe in reincarnation ? Husband reborn as calf.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Do you believe in reincarnation ? Husband reborn as calf.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A very touching story.
The Cambodian family who believe a calf is reincarnation of beloved husband and father
When 74-year-old widow Khim Hang spotted a calf near her home, she knew it was her reincarnated husband Tol Khut.
By David Sim
July 20, 2017
When 74-year-old widow Khim Hang spotted a calf near her home, she knew it was her reincarnated husband Tol Khut, a farmer who died unexpectedly just over a year ago in Cambodia's northeastern Kratie Province. The calf now spends nights inside the family home, with the TV on in the background to keep him entertained – just as Tol Khut would have liked.

"I believe that he (the calf) is my husband because whatever he does when he goes upstairs... it is in exactly the same way as he (my husband) did when he was alive," she told Reuters. "When I went to see a medium, his soul came in and said 'I am your husband'. Then I noted that he (the calf) licked my hair, then my neck, then kissed me so that really made me believe that he is my husband," she added.

She is not the only one to hold this belief – so too do her seven children and her neighbours. Her son, Tol Vandy, for example, says the calf only licks the arms of his relatives. Her neighbour, Lim Rith, says it is clear that the calf "loves his children" when you see his behaviour in person.
Inside the wooden stilted house, the calf is fed, washed and put to bed, with a long fluffy pillow propped up along his back. He lies there from 6pm to 10am, then walks back down the stairs to graze on the grass or drink his mother's milk.
Khim Hang says the new familial addition is here to stay; "I will keep him and take care of him for my entire life," she said, adding that her children had been instructed to look after him if she dies earlier than he does, and to give him a human funeral ceremony upon his death.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cambodian-fami ... er-1631116
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation ? Husband reborn as calf.

Post by frank lee bent »

why was he not reborn as a human?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 pm why was he not reborn as a human?
Maybe this is the downside to the topside?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"why was he not reborn as a human?"

In order to have a story about a lot of bull.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:04 pm why was he not reborn as a human?
Animal realm:
Animal birth is seen as the result of past sins, and one expiates these sins through suffering in animal form (being hunted, worked, driven, slaughtered, etc.), often for thousands of consecutive births (as a dog, pig, dung beetle, etc.). Animal behavior is also run by instinct, which means that animals cannot generate good karma, they are simply working off the bad. This suffering and lack of control make birth as an animal undesirable. The conviction that animals are sentient beings also underlies the prohibition on intentionally killing anything, which goes back to the Buddha’s earliest teaching
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I suppose her husband spent a lot of time wandering on all fours, regurgitating into his mouth and leaving big soggy shits on the rug.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bumping up this old thread from last year because I saw that Tol Khut, the husband reincarnated as a calf, is in the news again. I thought, bloody hell not another one, but no, it's the same husband except that he's grown a bit.

Image2017
Image2018

This is probably a nice little earner and the family are obviously doing well out of it. Good for them.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

He's going to wish he came back as a bird when they cut his balls off.
Last edited by Heng Heng Heng on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:00 pm I suppose her husband spent a lot of time wandering on all fours, regurgitating into his mouth and leaving big soggy shits on the rug.
Well, he was 74.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I want to be reborn as a reusable condom !
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic