Darknet is creating fatuous drivel

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Darknet is creating fatuous drivel

Post by phuketrichard »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 am.
Wow. You liked my post, and posted that you agreed - "I agree" - and then removed the like and deleted your comment. That's pretty soft.
FLB gave me a +1karma than Gen opted me out of the darknet for my comment :facepalm:
and my +1 disappeared...boohoo
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Well that escalated quickly...

Swap out the noob comments example in my OP with the first 20 comments from another noob who is clearly trying to clear the Darknet High-jump Bar, and focus on my point (squirrel! bright lights!) rather than my poor example. Punchy has already agreed with my point - as commented previously in the Great Carrot Saga he's one intelligent McHare - the rest of you need to read up on your logical fallacies arguments. Start with Strawman, the Fallacy Fallacy, tu quoque, and band-wagonning.

Incidentally, I wrote this mostly tongue-in-cheek - I honestly don't care who posts what but I do enjoy stirring the pot from time to time so thanks, you've been a wonderful audience! Not you, Frank, you went soft there mate.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 am
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 am Darknet is creating a huge amount of fatuous drivel. There, I said it.
What a load of shit...
you make it sound like all those posts from that user have all been made over the past couple of days, all those posts have been made gradually over the space of nearly a year,
so what makes you think that this particular posters main goal is to gain access to the Darknet or even that he is a mongerer? :unknown:

while i agree, there are some people who sign up, and post a load of drivel in order to gain access to the Darknet, but they are obvious and we do notice, your example on the other hand... :facepalm:
I'll wear that - the particular poster I used as an example is not the best example to use. There are enough others for my point to be valid.

What in particular do you find to be a load of shit - my example, or my point? You've agreed with my point, so it must be my example - you're right, bad example.

Edit: cleaned up the quote codes.
you claiming that poster has only signed up to post 20 times in order to gain access to the Darknet
you claiming that poster must be a mongerer
you claiming other posters who also post 20 times to gain access to the Darknet must also be misguided mongerers

i agreed that there are some posters that try to gain access after signing up by posting 20 times randomly, but we spot them and often ban or warn them,
you singled out a posters posts to try and give your post more credit when all it does is only weaken your argument
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 am
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 am Darknet is creating a huge amount of fatuous drivel. There, I said it.
What a load of shit...
you make it sound like all those posts from that user have all been made over the past couple of days, all those posts have been made gradually over the space of nearly a year,
so what makes you think that this particular posters main goal is to gain access to the Darknet or even that he is a mongerer? :unknown:

while i agree, there are some people who sign up, and post a load of drivel in order to gain access to the Darknet, but they are obvious and we do notice, your example on the other hand... :facepalm:
I'll wear that - the particular poster I used as an example is not the best example to use. There are enough others for my point to be valid.

What in particular do you find to be a load of shit - my example, or my point? You've agreed with my point, so it must be my example - you're right, bad example.

Edit: cleaned up the quote codes.
you claiming that poster has only signed up to post 20 times in order to gain access to the Darknet
you claiming that poster must be a mongerer
you claiming other posters who also post 20 times to gain access to the Darknet must also be misguided mongerers

i agreed that there are some posters that try to gain access after signing up by posting 20 times randomly, but we spot them and often ban or warn them,
you singled out a posters posts to try and give your post more credit when all it does is only weaken your argument
You seem tense.

I've already stated that my example selection was poor. I DID say that specific poster was looking for access to Darknet, I'll apologise to that poster if he needs it. What do YOU want - blood?

I did NOT say that specific poster is a mongerer, and I resent you saying so.

I did NOT say that other posters looking to gain access to Darknet MUST also be misguided mongerers, and again, I resent you saying so.

Fight me on my words but DON'T put words in my mouth, mate.

My point - IN YOUR WORDS - is "there are some people who sign up, and post a load of drivel in order to gain access to the Darknet." My assumption is they're keen to access Darknet for mongering purposes to which (if true) I have offered no judgement - I've only bitched about the drivel SOME of them offer up to get there.

FFS Punchy, you've had the odd jab at me about right-fighting, how about you take a look at yourself.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

OK, who's been giving Stroppy and Jamie too much coffee?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Is there a difference between 'fatuous drivel' and 'fatuitous drivel'?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm Is there a difference between 'fatuous drivel' and 'fatuitous drivel'?
I honestly had to check that last night, because I've always gone with fatuitous - I'm not sure when that changed.

Edit: I just checked both in a dictionary and in Word's spell check for American and Australian English - both are correct and mean the same. Not sure why the Internet now disagrees.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:12 pm I did NOT say that other posters looking to gain access to Darknet MUST also be misguided mongerers, and again, I resent you saying so.
I can see how Lambo took it that way:
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 am
FFS! Can someone PLEASE make it clear that Darknet is NOT the mongering forum they're looking for?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Brody wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:12 pm I did NOT say that other posters looking to gain access to Darknet MUST also be misguided mongerers, and again, I resent you saying so.
I can see how Lambo took it that way:
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 am
FFS! Can someone PLEASE make it clear that Darknet is NOT the mongering forum they're looking for?
"took it that way" being the operative phrase - doesn't make it so.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

FACT CHECK

Most members of the Darknet are members of DarkNet Cambodia News, not After Dark VIP. Hence, mongers and mongerers are a minority.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic