Kampot is amazing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Re: Kampot is amazing

Post by lurcio »

Buvasea claim to be running 5 boats a day between Sihanoukville and Kampot. Has anybody tried out this service and if so where does it drop you off in Kampot?
buvasea.com wrote:Buva Sea has expanded its destinations to Kampot Province with the lated speed-modern boat where you can spend only 30 minutes from mainland.

Buva Sea Cambodia will help you make the choices to visit the adventure islands where are the most clear crystal water in Cambodia.

Please see the schedule bellow and Direction
Mainland to Kampot - Departure time : 8:00, 9:30, 11:00, 12:30, 14:00, 15:00, 17:00 with $10 fare per ticket.
Kampot to mainland - Departure Time : 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 17:00 with $10 fare per ticket.
Edit:

I think it is a mistake as the timetable and duration (30 mins) is the same as going SHV to Koh Rong Samloem. No way a boat can do SHV to Kampot in 30 mins
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Video of Kampot from July 2017.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:00 pm
General Mackevili wrote:What? Accommodation is cheaper in Cambodia compared to Thailand, hands down.

A $20 a night room in Thailand has NOTHING on a $20 room in Cambodia.

However, "renting" is another story..

Bullshit; a $20 room up country ; Not Bangkok, Phuket, Samui, BUT YES for Pattaya , Surin / Mae Sot, Mae Sarong, Fang, Doi Ang Khan etc etc is amazing an there often under 600 baht ( $18)much better deal in Thailand than a $20 room in Cambodia

Fruit? depends on the season an what fruit

Renting its a no brainer which is more bang for ur bucks

Totally agree !

Easy to get a nice 800 thb room even in BKK, but cheaper outside Bangkok.

Usually for the same price you get better in Thailand now. Thank you to people who will show me that I am wrong with strong evidences ! Love to learn !
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

TheGrinchSR wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:00 am
willyhilly wrote:I think most food is cheaper in Thailand, beautiful Chinese grapes recently less than half the price of Cambodia, same goes for oranges. Most fruit and veg is imported to Cambodia so it is not cheaper. And yes, shophouses in Kampot are mostly Chinese origin. Phnom Penh was mostly a Chinese and Vietnamese city before the war when the Khmer farmer refugees flooded in.Population went from a few hundred thousand to over two million very quickly.
You've obviously never shopped for cheese, baked beans, Marmite, etc. in Thailand. Imported Western products are much more expensive here than in Cambodia.

Wrong also. All imported food is cheaper in Thailand and I even suspect that a lot of western food is imported to Cambodia from Thailand...
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Kampot is amazing

Samouth wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:37 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Samouth wrote: [/b]

Believe me, for travelling, you will never be alone. You will always meet people.

Also if you can't swim, you can tray kayaking, but make sure you put the life jacket on and don't do the kayaking alone.
I have found it is much more pleasureable to travel alone. If you travel with someone or a partner, you are always speaking and doing things with that one person. When traveling by yourself not only does it give you the freedom and courage to strike up a conversation with total strangers, but it gives total strangers a better opportunity to communicate with you. Think about it,,, who wants to butt into a conversation being had between two other people.
Maybe little salary is not an adventure-type traveler. I am not sure if she ever stay in the dorm room.

I advise AGAINST staying in Dorm rooms , there is no reason to and the savings ( a few $ at most) do not outweigh the negative of trying to sleep in a room with 3-5 other strangers and worry about ur personal belongings,

I too also try and travel alone as much as possible

If u cant swim thna make sure if u do go Kayaking you go with an experienced kayaker and tell them you cant swim!
@Richard, i think you are just so negative about backpackers. I wouldn't scare to stay in dorm room. I always stayed in dorm room when i travelled. It is nice to talk to people and learn from each other. I said it once and i will say it again, not all backpackers are bad people. Just avoid those meth-head one.

BTW, you should come to Cambodia and do some charity work, i have an idea for you, Running a free of charge swimming school.

Dormitory when I was 18 maybe... but now, I would feel cheap and ridiculous.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Many hotel rooms in Thailand still have CRT TV's. They don't want to spend the money upgrading anything. They are very rare here. You won't see one even in a cheap hotel.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm Many hotel rooms in Thailand still have CRT TV's. They don't want to spend the money upgrading anything. They are very rare here. You won't see one even in a cheap hotel.

Hard to find in Thailand also I think, I didn't see one in $30 hotels since years.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm Many hotel rooms in Thailand still have CRT TV's. They don't want to spend the money upgrading anything. They are very rare here. You won't see one even in a cheap hotel.
Still plenty of cheap guest houses in Cambodia have CRTs. Take a look at some room pics on booking .com website sometime.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Well, I was amazed to see CRTs in Thai hotels and LCDs here in short time hotels. Maybe they have caught up, but I remember seeing the big screen CRT TV's in Thailand when I had been using LCD in Cambodia for years. It was like they spent a lot of money on those TV's and didn't want to replace them, but it's common enough in Thailand to let a hotel to fall from 4 stars to 3 stars because they don't want too refurbish. It would have to be an old hotel here to still have CRT's. The power savings would be worth the money upgrading.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic