Visa to Japan for Cambodian citizen?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Visa to Japan for Cambodian citizen?

Post by cautious colin »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm just curious; have u given the embassy a call?

No.194, Moha Vithei Preah Norodom, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon
Phnom Penh P.O. Box 21, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

+855 23 217 161
http://www.kh.emb-japan.go.jp/consular/ ... ndex-e.htm

seems pretty straight forward and they give you samples to provide
Visa Application Documents

1.Visa Application Form(English)
2.Visa Application form Sample(English)
3.Letter of Reason for invitation(Japanese)(English)
4.List of Visa Applicants(Japanese)(English)
5.Schedule of stay(Japanese)(English)
6.Sample of Schedule of stay(Japanese)(English)
7.Letter of Guarantee(Japanese)(English)
8.Overviews of company/ organization(Japanese)(English)
http://www.kh.emb-japan.go.jp/consular/ ... 170703.pdf

Thanks Richard. No not called yet. I am not going for a few months so am not in any rush, just thought I might be able to get some legwork done beforehand.

I have read quite a lot online. I know about the guarantor & invitation letter, both not relevant to me as need to be from a Japanese citizen/resident. there did not seem to be anywhere about travelling with the 'sponsor' or proof of funds not in the name of the applicant.

I was just hoping for someone who had gone through the process and had any tips before engaging
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Any progress on this? I'm interested in how it turns out. Sometimes the required documents listed online aren't the same as what an embassy wants.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

It's not too tough, but the rules are crazy. You literally have to fill out an agenda report detailing what the Khmer person will do every minute of every day. You can't leave any time unaccounted.

9:00 wake up and eat breakfast in hotel
9:30-11:30 tour asakusa

etc

For the entire duration of the trip, from the minute you land until the minute you leave.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic