Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by frank lee bent »

more have died over religion- which only equates to words and ideas than by any other single cause.

this is convenient for those who need to mobilise military forces in order to seize resources.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

Stroppy seems to be an "Aggressive/Passive".

We all know that passive/aggressives are mentally sick fucks
that should be put away somewhere. They seem so easy to attack
and all is well putting them down, then suddenly they crack and
go on a ballistic attack. Neither forum wants those people.

But Stroppy is the opposite. He comes on aggressive, and if you
submit to his agenda, he becomes all friendly and cuddly and you
are trapped into accepting his beliefs........or he will go on a ballistic attack.

Both types seek to dominate others. Some people do not like being dominated. They don't like it to the point where they will attack in
order not to suffer the fear of an impending fight. So Stroppy might
win a fist fight or a board fight, but some will attack anyway because
they will not accept someone trying to dominate them using the threat
of a fight later on.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Code: Select all

http://pamelageller.com/2014/08/jew-jersey-jihad.html/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Are you saying you'd like a cuddle, Dara? We can do that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Dara wrote:Stroppy seems to be an "Aggressive/Passive".

We all know that passive/aggressives are mentally sick fucks
that should be put away somewhere. They seem so easy to attack
and all is well putting them down, then suddenly they crack and
go on a ballistic attack. Neither forum wants those people.

But Stroppy is the opposite. He comes on aggressive, and if you
submit to his agenda, he becomes all friendly and cuddly and you
are trapped into accepting his beliefs........or he will go on a ballistic attack.

Both types seek to dominate others.
Bizarre.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
vladimir wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:One of the biggest complaints about K440 is that admin protected certain long term or high volume posters from criticisms by others.

I fear that trait is starting to emerge here.
Nail.On head.

Indefensible OD, you can reason all you want, but you know and I know.

Isn't that true in life, the things we vocalise so much about are the things we fear becoming?

And then we do.
+1

To his credit OD has dealt with most of this heated thread well. But we all know what banning Dag was about. Kind of disappointing and reminiscent of some of the old k440 complaints.
your guys' insistence that i'm protecting stroppy is frankly an absurd assumption in my opinion, and i think i know my motives better than anyone else, but it pretty clear your minds are set and won't be changed by my explaining of my actions. and it's a shame you feel that way.

stroppy is a big boy, and can take care of himself... i doubt he'd even WANT me to intervene on his behalf in such a way, and i wouldn't do it if he asked. dengaham was crossing a line... and we'd put up with it for a while hoping it would pass. it wasn't. so then we sent him messages and warnings about it thinking it would check him and he would let it go. he didn't. finally when a fe minutes after i gave him an official warning on the matter, laying down that he either needed to stop it or get a forced break, he "tested" me by doing it again... intentionally. so, i followed through on my promise.
That rings familiar...Not quite sure what to call that ring, but I feel a twinge of deja vu here, or perhaps a full circle moment, or like when I hear my father in my own voice, and realize he was right. None of that captures it quite perfectly, but still....
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

You should have the right to say anything. Im sick of this PC bullshit. Thank God Im an American....idfk how you guys in Europe and Australia function for not being allowed to speak.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

The Add Jay wrote:You should have the right to say anything. Im sick of this PC bullshit. Thank God Im an American....idfk how you guys in Europe and Australia function for not being allowed to speak.
Hate speech is not protected under free speech.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

So Stroppy should not have been such a cunt on his own thread.

He is real religious, and he started a religion thread, knowing
he was going to turn up some posters that he could then attack.

He should apologize to Dag. He should agree never to bring his
religion war to the board. If he can't talk nicely to his fellow boardies
because his religion gets in the way, he should leave his religion
at the door, as one would with a gun or a knife.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
vladimir wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:One of the biggest complaints about K440 is that admin protected certain long term or high volume posters from criticisms by others.

I fear that trait is starting to emerge here.
Nail.On head.

Indefensible OD, you can reason all you want, but you know and I know.

Isn't that true in life, the things we vocalise so much about are the things we fear becoming?

And then we do.
+1

To his credit OD has dealt with most of this heated thread well. But we all know what banning Dag was about. Kind of disappointing and reminiscent of some of the old k440 complaints.
your guys' insistence that i'm protecting stroppy is frankly an absurd assumption in my opinion, and i think i know my motives better than anyone else, but it pretty clear your minds are set and won't be changed by my explaining of my actions. and it's a shame you feel that way.

stroppy is a big boy, and can take care of himself... i doubt he'd even WANT me to intervene on his behalf in such a way, and i wouldn't do it if he asked. dengaham was crossing a line... and we'd put up with it for a while hoping it would pass. it wasn't. so then we sent him messages and warnings about it thinking it would check him and he would let it go. he didn't. finally when a fe minutes after i gave him an official warning on the matter, laying down that he either needed to stop it or get a forced break, he "tested" me by doing it again... intentionally. so, i followed through on my promise.
From our conversation elsewhere this morning on the thread started by Chubacca and replied to by you. I hope Dag (if he is no longer censored here) will reproduce his excellent and well thought out post here too:

OD -- it was not my intention to drag this silliness over here, but since you are posting about my interactions here I guess I need to reply:

1) I am a big boy and don't need to report posts. As explained to you on your forum I would never report a post unless I felt it was causing real harm to a poster or the forum (e.g., outing someone or posting clearly illegal content that might put the forum at risk). None of the posts from myself, my adversary, or Dagenham came close to this standard. Whinging to admin about slights perceived or real is for losers.

2)To say that your favored evangelical mega-poster was attacking my arguments is completely incorrect. For the second time recently he started a thread attacking another religion and since I have the background and knowledge to call him on it, I did. None of my reply was personal although I did point out that the logic, language, and call to action he was using was quite similar to the patterns that Hitler and other megalomaniacs have used in the early stages to call people to action against Jews and others. In fact one poster replied to him in a way that proves my point with a call for a second crusade driving all Muslims and arabs back into Arabia. I specifically told your favored evangelical mega-poster he should replace the words "Muslims" and "Islam" with "Jews" and "Judaism" in his post so he could understand the point I was making. For this, I never received a coherent reply and instead got a two paragraph lecture on how it was probably my fault that my 911 era relationship with a Muslim woman failed, weird random comments about "monkeys and circuses", told I have deep personal issues, and silly little comments like "stamp your little feet tiger" , "foaming at the mouth" and "Go away Little one". I don't understand his obsession with size (I am not "little" by any definition) and presumably his "Go away" was a cue to you as admin that I should suffer the same fate as Dagenham (BanHammer).

3) I wold imagine that posters on both forums could agree that Dagenham can be repetitive and annoying at times. The fact is he posted nothing even close to deserve being banned. He has a theory that your favored evangelical mega-poster has a hidden agenda. Maybe he is right, maybe not. The fact is, that you jumped on his back immediately with a warning and then went with the ban hammer when he made a comment to Vlad about his suspicions concerning your favored Evangelical Mega-Poster, while at the same time ignoring calls for genocide by another poster until I pointed it out to you.

4) Personally I consider the personal attacks made to be very minor and petty and simply indicative of my adversary's inability to form a coherent argument when challenged. When talking about politics and religion I don't see the need to be totally PC either. I do think that a level playing field should be provided.

5) One of the major criticisms of K440 is that admin favored certain posters who could carry on with impunity while those challenging those favored posters would be harassed or banned. Hopefully Scobie will clean this up. Unfortunately your forum is now looking like it is doing the same things you have criticized this forum for.

Despite our disagreement, I apologize to you and Cambod/Ceneral Mach because it was not my intention to have this topic turned into another forum slagging match. I actually respect what you guys have tried to do. It was certainly a catalyst for much needed change. That said, if posters as diverse as Dagenham, Vladimir, and myself are pointing the same criticisms out to you (not to mention Chubacca here on K440) maybe you need to take a step back and consider the appearances being projected.

With you and G-Mach leaving, I wonder if my once humorous observation that CEO might actually stand for "Cambodia Evangelicals Online" may somehow turn prophetic.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic