The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

Post by Cam Nivag »

I heard a rumor (OK, from Ned on FB) that Whitlow has very recently been arrested for something unrelated. Anyone else heard that?
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Re: The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

Post by kptic »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:25 am I heard a rumor (OK, from Ned on FB) that Whitlow has very recently been arrested for something unrelated. Anyone else heard that?
I saw your comment and his reply on his FB post. Whitlow is such a top bloke that I'm not surprised by that news one bit. It seems this landlord and Whitlow are both having a tough time at the moment while Ned gets to watch events unfold from the comfort of his mom's house in Minnesota. ;-)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Next time you pick a side in something that is most definitely not your business...
I find it's actually quite possible to comment from the peanut gallery without taking any side at all, especially when some idiot publishes that he's an idiot, but expects to be respected for it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I've been told that James Whitlow (now going by the name 'Jay') is in Siem Reap and getting a reputation all over again for scamming people.

Sounds like he's got one British dude who he's been leading on for a while and has managed to get over $1,000 from him, while he borrows more then pays back a bit. Dude sounds a bit naive to be falling for it.

And the guy who I talked to said he gave him $100 to get a gram of coke, which he never came back with. He found him a few days later and hounded him for the hundred dollars back, which he didn't have, of course. Finally, after several hours he went with Jay Whitlow to a pawn shop to pawn his phone for $70, which he ended up giving him.

Sounds like a lot of work for $30.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

He's reportedly back in Phnom Penh and scamming restaurants. general-chatter/james-whitlow-aka-whild ... 26436.html
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Now in Kampot scamming guest houses
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Now on Mars scamming Martians.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

For anyone who's stumbed across this topic over the years, just wanted to update it and say that James Whitlow appears to have been arrested for scamming in Phnom Penh, Cambodia yesterday.

About a week before he was recently arrested, we had someone sign up and say that an unknown foreigner was pulling a scam where he was tricking people into giving him delivered goods, and then he would walk into the front of a hotel he wasn't staying at, saying he had to check something or show his wife, and then he would walk out the back with the merchandise, never to be seen again. The scammer in the videos posted shows he has a tattoo on his left arm. The man arrested has a tattoo on his arm visible in the videos, and James Whitlow also has a perfectly matching tattoo on his left arm, as can be seen in his mugshot from yesterday.

His arrest photo:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

Are they deporting out and banning them from coming 3years?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

More like wit low or even witless.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic