Assistance finding info about locked up Cambodian girl

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Assistance finding info about locked up Cambodian girl

Post by superferret »

Agreed, and why do you assume a seriously ill person will not get her medications and receive treatment in prison? They have doctors there.
Prisons are horrible but I don't think they would let a young girl die in there. If you really want to help her maybe visit her and help her get her meds instead of the black ops.
I certianly don't know, but people like this girl might be getting better treatment for their illness locked up, than they were outside.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

superferret wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:57 pm Agreed, and why do you assume a seriously ill person will not get her medications and receive treatment in prison? They have doctors there.
Prisons are horrible but I don't think they would let a young girl die in there. If you really want to help her maybe visit her and help her get her meds instead of the black ops.
I certianly don't know, but people like this girl might be getting better treatment for their illness locked up, than they were outside.
You've never been inside a Cambodian prison, have you?
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Kammekor wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:06 pm You've never been inside a Cambodian prison, have you?
Hell no, but I don't think this girl was getting the right treatment outside and if she's seriously ill I'm sure she will be seen by prison doctors
or even moved out of regular prison especially if she's contagious. Anyway if the OP is seriously interested in helping her, he should go check on
her to see where she is and if she's getting the right treatment. If she isn't, the OP can appeal to prison authorities, or gov't or NGOs.
Asking here whether this girl deserves to be helped is utterly ridiculous.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

superferret wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:06 pm You've never been inside a Cambodian prison, have you?
Hell no, but I don't think this girl was getting the right treatment outside and if she's seriously ill I'm sure she will be seen by prison doctors
or even moved out of regular prison especially if she's contagious. Anyway if the OP is seriously interested in helping her, he should go check on
her to see where she is and if she's getting the right treatment. If she isn't, the OP can appeal to prison authorities, or gov't or NGOs.
Asking here whether this girl deserves to be helped is utterly ridiculous.
It seems odd you fail to realize the local norm would be for the disease to spread and become a global threat forbefore any contagious inmate be isolated and cared after.
Pragmatist
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pragmatist »

Speak with her a couple years ago @ gsm, absolute nutcase, i would not even leave 2000 riels on the table if she has to stay in my cribs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic