Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 48
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Finding a job advise needed

Post by bvanfossen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Why are you boasting about how much money you make? It’s crass. If someone makes a comment about your income, just ignore it. Status is not that important.

For someone who constantly whines about “oneupmanship” and people showing off wealth, I’m surprised to see you shouting “I make almost $1900 a month! I’ll prove it! I’ll fucking prove I make more money than you say!”

You know who else often claims he makes more money than people say? Donald Trump. He used to call Forbes magazine and argue that they ranked him too low. Don’t be like that.

Don’t publicly challenge someone who mistakenly underestimates your wealth or income and challenge them to a wager about it. You’re better than that.
Agreed! And on top of it he's bragging about making $24k a year!!! 🤣Haha, that's chump change! 😂

Genius, I'd love to finish this convo in person
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by that genius » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:33 pm

And don't send me PMs threatening to track me down.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 48
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by bvanfossen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 pm

I didn't. I replied to you and typed I'd like to finish convo in person.

Not 1 single threat bro.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 48
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by bvanfossen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Mods please close this thread of you wouldn't mind
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by that genius » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 pm

bvanfossen wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 pm
I didn't. I replied to you and typed I'd like to finish convo in person.

Not 1 single threat bro.
I don't socialise with people who respond like you do when I try to help them.

It's not going to happen.
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 2627
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 771
Australia

Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by rozzieoz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 am

“All because I didn't use the correct form of their, there, they're. What a beetch!! “

Are you seriously considering teaching English?

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 48
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by bvanfossen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 am

rozzieoz wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 am
“All because I didn't use the correct form of their, there, they're. What a beetch!! “

Are you seriously considering teaching English?
Why do you ask that? I sure hope my joke didn't go above your head. :)
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by that genius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:12 am

'over'.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9094
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1641
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 am

bvanfossen wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm
that genius wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm
Blocked. After thanking me for my advice and getting info by PM. No more.
Ya, you're an OCEAN of help and positivity!! Lmao. All because I didn't use the correct form of their, there, they're. What a beetch!! Haha
Image

Word of advise. you cant and i mean EVERYONE, ever win an argument against Vlad :hattip:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by that genius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 am

Meh. Time to read yong's posts, now there's a guy with real talent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cruisemonkey, Element6, frank lee bent, GMJS-CEO, John Bingham, Kammekor, Majestic-12 [Bot], side, SternAAlbifrons, yongchi and 332 guests