Trump to pardon Ali?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Trump to pardon Ali?

Post by whiteribbon »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 pm Once again trump is playing to the crowd, Ali had his conviction overturned years ago.

charlie
Source?
Ali needs no pardon. The Supreme Court reversed Ali's conviction in 1971
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... t-overturn
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 89441.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -1971.html
Last edited by whiteribbon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just noise, white noise
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

John Bingham wrote:Producing what exactly? Pardoning dead people who were already pardoned doesn't come across as very productive, it's fluff.
Economy is doing well
Unemployment is decreasing
Stock market up
Like it or hate it, tax cuts are benefiting lots of people (middle and upper class)
Regulations being reduced in many sectors
Major companies reinvesting back in the US
To name a few.

There is a lot to be positive about but you hardly ever read / hear about it because he is constantly acting the ass which the news cycles are eating up.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm
John Bingham wrote:Producing what exactly? Pardoning dead people who were already pardoned doesn't come across as very productive, it's fluff.
Economy is doing well: multi year trend from before Trump was president
Unemployment is decreasing: same, went down 5% during Obama period
Stock market up: S&P up 155% during Obama, US stock market lagging behind Germany, UK and Japan during Trump.
Like it or hate it, tax cuts are benefiting lots of people (middle and upper class)
Regulations being reduced in many sectors: agree
Major companies reinvesting back in the US: I'll take your word for it, haven't looked into this
To name a few.

There is a lot to be positive about but you hardly ever read / hear about it because he is constantly acting the ass which the news cycles are eating up.
Typical apologist who gobbles up what the right wing press is saying. Maybe read both left and right sometimes and see who's coming up with actual facts.
just noise, white noise
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Trump to pardon Ali?

Post by kiwiincambodia »

whiteribbon wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm
Economy is doing well: multi year trend from before Trump was president
Unemployment is decreasing: same, went down 5% during Obama period
Stock market up: S&P up 155% during Obama, US stock market lagging behind Germany, UK and Japan during Trump.
Regulations being reduced in many sectors: agree
Major companies reinvesting back in the US: I'll take your word for it, haven't looked into this
To name a few.

Typical apologist who gobbles up what the right wing press is saying. Maybe read both left and right sometimes and see who's coming up with actual facts.
I read into both sides of the argument as well as spend most mornings with CNN on the tele while working. In fact I probably read / watch far more left wing media than right. I agree the trends are continuing from Obama’s terms but if Trump was the fuck up everyone thinks, surely he wouldn’t be able to maintain these numbers like he has. So you’re saying the middle class are making nothing off of these new tax cuts? Only the upper class are benefiting from them?

I’m not saying he’s a great president or person in general just it’s not all as bad as they are making it out to be.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

#DRAININGTHESWAMP
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

JohnLeonard wrote:I must say this guy is all about actions, i can imagine him going through as most successful president in recent decades.
Love him or hate him, he commands attention and bullies his way through nonsense.
kiwiincambodia wrote:
I have to agree with this.

As much as I don’t like his attitude you can’t complain about the results he is producing.

If he could just lay off the crazy twitter rants he might even start to get some credit for it. As you said, love him or hate him, overall he is producing.
You really can't argue that. I really hope the way Trump is smeared by almost all the mainstream media is a wakeup call for anyone who thinks they can or should trust the press. And I don't mean that as an insult to the press, but people need to think when they read something, no matter where it's printed.

The left has been adamant that Trump is unable to do anything, and he's so worthless and ineffective that he won't get anything done he's so racist that he'll have minorities in concentration camps any day now. They want people to believe that can't do anything, he will start WW3 and that's he's totally fucking over America, but, his results have been and will continue to speak for themselves.

Stock market? Record highs. Unemployment, especially for blacks? Record lows.

People call him a racist. Their biggest proof is that he doesn't want ILLEGAL aliens in, and if you also think that national borders are needed, you're a racist.

I personally think he's a genius, based on FACTS, not based on the fluff the media feeds you 24/7/365, and people eat up.

Personally, I wish he was as stupid as the media portrays him. How stupid does it make the Left look if they really got their asses completely kicked by the dumbest businessman in history?

He got grief about "moving" the embassy in Israel. Do people not realize that Obama (and even Bush) said they would do it. Did they? No. Trump has balls and just did it, like it should have been done, and said fuck the media fall-out. And about these pardons. Most presidents are such cowards that they wait until the very last day in office to do them, as they are afraid it will have consequences during the rest of their term. Trump is saying fuck that and doing some of them now rather than waiting, and fuck the consequences while he's still in office. Balls.

He's so racist, but blacks already have more to thank Trump for than Obama or Bill Clinton. If Trump is an evil racist, he's definitely the dumbest racist for helping them so much.

So yes, if you don't like Trump, that's fair enough. He's definitely said more fucked up shit than any president I can recall, but don't we all agree actions speak louder than words, or is that just a catchy thing to say when you want to seem wise?

This is really the only thing that can't be proven, but I think he is TROLLING EVERYONE (successfully, I might add) with his Tweets and stuff. Let's use logic.... When he posts the crazy stuff, who is beating who? The media blows it up like, "see! We finally have proof about him! We caught him!" But wouldn't the most basic of logic suggest he's playing them like a fiddle, as he knows EXACTLY how they will react? He loves the attention, and it's all strategy. People will continue to fall for his traps every time, you just watch.

Even the whole NFL thing. They kneel, he's against it, and the media makes him a villain over his stance, and people eat it up. What's the outcome though? Their ratings go exactly like Trump says, and the NFL has to bow to him, lol. They do a 180° turn on it, and have to side with Trump!

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP! He's been beating the Left and the media nonstop since the elections started, but this is rarely pointed out.

You have to see how it all looks from my side. You have liberals losing their minds every time he farts, and they really think he's doing NOTHING productive, while the facts (minus his obvious trolling) show he couldn't be kicking more ass. Period.

And Mr Bingham is very faaaaaar from what anyone would call a SnowFlake, but it's nonsense when he says things like, "uh, producing what exactly?" So, that means he's either trolling or just anti-Trump and will never admit that the data shows Trump is not the idiot he's portrayed as in the media.

Don't even get me started on the whole Russia Collusion scam the Left and the media have literally made up. It's shameful and people who actually thought there was "smoke," therefore fire, are of course embarrassed, and while they should just man up and say, "meh, the media got me," they probably feel so stupid that it's better to just keep going along with it.

Love or hate Trump because he's orange or has said stuff that none of you fine folks would ever say, fair enough, but if you really wanna be had by the biggest news outlets and liberals with such obvious objections and think he's done nothing for America, then go for it. People should be allowed to be as gullible as they want, be its only them and those around them that suffer, lol.

And on top of all of that, I think it's fair to say I really don't give too many fucks either way. The irony for me is that I've always considered myself a hard core liberal. Really. But there came a time that I thought Liberalism has just gone too far cuckoo. People are one of two genders. You have a penis or a vagina. If you have a penis and wear a dress, that does not make you a female. If you don't think a 50 year old man who thinks he's a 10 year old Filipina woman isn't a woman, 10 years old nor a Filipina, you're not a bad person. If your religion says fucked up things about women/gays/etc, it's a fucked up religion, and you're not a bad person for thinking that. If you don't think ILLEGAL aliens should be in your country or any country ILLEGALLY, you're not bad person. If you watch the Miss America beauty pageants for their, um, beauty, and not for their wise words of wisdom to share with us, you're not a bad person. If you think the gun fatality rates data show that (for whatever reason) that black males do a lot more of their fair share of killings in the US, you're still not a bad person, no matter how the media spins it.

So there you have it. Blacks and Hispanics should really wake up and realize that all they're doing is being suckered by democrats to get their votes, but it's people like Trump who are really filling the position of President of the United States for the true benefit of the American people, which includes them, as they and everyone else should be starting to see by now.

But yeah, no denying he's said and will continue to say some crazy shit, and for once, be a president who speaks his mind, like a human being, and not some campaign ad. If you're so easily offended by words, stay home and turn your fucking TV off.

At the end of the day, this is still all politics, and I would never ever want to lose a friend over such a silly thing, so I hope this all stays civil, no matter what your take on all of this is.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:56 pm

And Mr Bingham is very faaaaaar from what anyone would call a SnowFlake, but it's nonsense when he says things like, "uh, producing what exactly?" So, that means he's either trolling or just anti-Trump and will never admit that the data shows Trump is not the idiot he's portrayed in the media.
I was replying with the thread's title in mind and the fact that Ali was pardoned long ago - in 1971. However I'm sure all the other dead people who were persecuted during their lifetimes and are now forgiven would be really happy about being used for political ammunition in 2018. Unfortunately they are dead. And I'm not particularly anti-Trump either, I'm just not seeing any of the great qualities his believers are seeing.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:56 pm

And Mr Bingham is very faaaaaar from what anyone would call a SnowFlake, but it's nonsense when he says things like, "uh, producing what exactly?" So, that means he's either trolling or just anti-Trump and will never admit that the data shows Trump is not the idiot he's portrayed in the media.
Haha, that makes sense, as I never thought you came off as someone who would be like, "ahhh, he said whaaaat? Oh dear..."

And yeah, pardoning dead people would always be a sort of publicity stunt in my book.

Personally, I think the whole ability of a president being able to pardon people, ESPECIALLY on your last day in office, is bullshit.

I think they should either have to do it at the beginning of their term, so they are held accountable, or better yet, be able to get the case reviewed by the Supreme Court or congress to vote on it or something, but to just let them straight up pardon someone who has already gone through our very own legal system and had an unfavorable outcome for them kind of undermines the entire legal system, so to say. But again, far from the top of my list of things I personally give a shit about, so to say.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

1. I don't like Trump...but

2. The way the dems have behaved with their cry-baby BS, ooh Putin meddled in the election, when in reality Hillary underestimated him and the public were so sick of her they would have elected
Hitler..it has really opened my eyes, and the constant whining by CNN, even to the point of going after his wife, FFS

3. He has done some solid things...and this is another, the progress on N. Korea is undeniable

So yes, there are lots of negative things, but every leader has that, but give the man his due when he does something positive.

Otherwise we just become like the people we criticise.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

@General Mackevili A lot of lazy words about nothing for not "giving too many fucks either way". Where are your FACTS?
-Pardons given by Obama 2010 between 2017, 1900. NOT at the end of office.
-Smeared by mainstream media = facts given, while your favourite tv station Fox is just his cheerleader.
-Stockmarket and unemployment = false discussion, both were going well under Obama, didn't plummet under Trump but not looking so good at the moment, but of course Trump cheerleaders will say it's because of the global economy.
-How exactly is he helping the 'blacks'? Granting Ali a not needed pardon?
-Such ignorant comments about transgender people you make, don't even know how to comment on that.
-You believe people should follow their religions blindly, even when they are homophobic, racist or ridiculous. Contrary to your statement about political beliefs?
-"If you think the gun fatality rates data show that (for whatever reason) that black males do a lot more of their fair share of killings in the US, you're still not a bad person, no matter how the media spins it." The same is true for every country in the world where minorities where prosecuted for a long time and don't have the same opportunities as the rest of the population have. Maybe come up with solutions instead of pointing the finger at all things that don't fit in your narrow minded brain.

If I wasn't so drunk this answer would have been much longer and eloquent.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic