Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville Police Actions... Cleaning up the beach.

Post by ali baba »

OrangeDragon wrote:Image
They let him.....
Scarier than malaria.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

..... keep the gun?!?
Scarier than malaria.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote: stopping a moto without a helmet, but letting idiots drive on the wrong side of the road, hog the center lane of traffic at 5k per hour, drive without lights(sorry forgot traffic cops don't come out at night or in the rain), drive down the white line (what's with that?) and stopping just about every driver with white skin while turning a blind eye to tons of Cambodians that offend right in front of them.
why does everyone think the traffic cops and criminal cops are the same? this is about cracking down on crime, not traffic. brown shirts vs blue shirts.... whole different departments.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

They are still ALL police. Why does it take a big shakeup to get any of the cops to do their job? These scumbag gangs have obviously been around for a while and there are more then likely many, many more to take their place. Until the common cop gets a decent wage and a leader(s) that instill esprit de corps it will be same same but different. A few criminals dragged before the press and a bunch of blue shirts at their usual sunny-day traffic light/money machine doesn't make a competent police force. I did notice that the blue shirts at their usual hangout where actually packing pistols. I have yet to see them chase a moto that tried to get away.

A few months ago I was setting at a traffic light (alone as usual), and a couple of motos, a tuk-tuk and a car went through the red light, followed by a cop on a cop bike w/ light. He stopped no one, why? He could have made some $$ with that bunch, and he was setting a bad example by driving through a red light. As I said, no Esprit De Corps and it starts at the top.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote:They are still ALL police. Why does it take a big shakeup to get any of the cops to do their job? These scumbag gangs have obviously been around for a while and there are more then likely many, many more to take their place. Until the common cop gets a decent wage and a leader(s) that instill esprit de corps it will be same same but different. A few criminals dragged before the press and a bunch of blue shirts at their usual sunny-day traffic light/money machine doesn't make a competent police force. I did notice that the blue shirts at their usual hangout where actually packing pistols. I have yet to see them chase a moto that tried to get away.

A few months ago I was setting at a traffic light (alone as usual), and a couple of motos, a tuk-tuk and a car went through the red light, followed by a cop on a cop bike w/ light. He stopped no one, why? He could have made some $$ with that bunch, and he was setting a bad example by driving through a red light. As I said, no Esprit De Corps and it starts at the top.
Traffic cops here are barely police... they have very little authority actually.

The police force leadership here are the moment is all mostly new. A lot of the head cops were running the scumbags previously, and got ousted for it. Their replacements are cleaning it up.

Blue shirts aren't really authorized to chase motos. Though I did notice yesterday they were handing out receipts and giving directions to the place to pay them with every stop.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

How about getting the thread back to topic ? I wish a mod could delete all they bs rants.

20 minutes ago a big police control was being set on both side of ekareach street around orange market.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:How about getting the thread back to topic ? I wish a mod could delete all they bs rants.

20 minutes ago a big police control was being set on both side of ekareach street around orange market.
Wife says they were drug checkpoints.

OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Thread cleaned up, anyone wishing to continue the removed conversation will find it here:
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... =23&t=1624
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

can anyone say what powers and responsibility the tourist police have? are they part of brown shirt criminal police or their own thing like traffice police are?

they have a new police post opposite utopia. but they are mostly using it as a shop to sell tickets, under the banner of 'tourist information center'

what do they do, i have no clue. you can report crimes to them?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Facebook video of a pretty significant sized drug bust up on victory hill:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic