To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by OrangeDragon »

UKJ wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Although admittedly most Americans believe Britain is near St.Louis though, right? Just next to Australia.
:-o
You can't criticize any American whatsoever on this thread, no matter what they do. Just keep stuffing dollars in their hand, and take the abuse and tasering ! :D
See, that's the flaw in your whole argument... i'm not saying you're anti-american...i'm saying your media is, and you're just eating it up hook line and sinker.

and, since it's your only point of reference... you are forming your opinion based on a limited set of information, then telling those with first hand experience of the place they don't know what they're talking about, because you saw it on the telly so it has to be true! or... is it because you want it to be true...?
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Tim Linkinwater wrote: Maybe there was a bit of resentment around after WW2 because they had more money, better teeth and shagged all our women, but I think all that has all gone now.
It used to be said they were: overpayed, oversexed and over here.

These days I think it would be fair to say: overly obnoxious, overly loud and what's the other one? Oh yeah, overly obese. Like those morons who have to shout at every shot in every golf tournament 'it's in the hole'.

Luckily we got the good ones on this forum.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Joker Poker wrote:
Tim Linkinwater wrote: Maybe there was a bit of resentment around after WW2 because they had more money, better teeth and shagged all our women, but I think all that has all gone now.
It used to be said they were: overpayed, oversexed and over here.

These days I think it would be fair to say: overly obnoxious, overly loud and what's the other one? Oh yeah, overly obese. Like those morons who have to shout at every shot in every golf tournament 'it's in the hole'.

Luckily we got the good ones on this forum.
And now the UK is rapidly catching up on obesity it seems... lol.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

^ True.

Still way behind on dentistry though. :(
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:^ True.

Still way behind on dentistry though. :(
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

OrangeDragon wrote:
UKJ wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Although admittedly most Americans believe Britain is near St.Louis though, right? Just next to Australia.
:-o
You can't criticize any American whatsoever on this thread, no matter what they do. Just keep stuffing dollars in their hand, and take the abuse and tasering ! :D
See, that's the flaw in your whole argument... i'm not saying you're anti-american...i'm saying your media is, and you're just eating it up hook line and sinker.

and, since it's your only point of reference... you are forming your opinion based on a limited set of information, then telling those with first hand experience of the place they don't know what they're talking about, because you saw it on the telly so it has to be true! or... is it because you want it to be true...?
It's like watching a drowning man :ROFL2:
We were talking tips n taxis, and you start your smoke machine again!
I wasn't forming an opinion of America. Just Vegas. And I gave you a chance to explain some of the strange tipping rituals, but you won't answer. You prefer to go off on a tangent.
Media anti USA ? - Who made the programme and why would they be anti USA?
Point of reference? - You have agreed that everything I said happens :facepalm: Taxi guy - check. Dealers - Check. Money per drink - check. And if the Vegas Police don't act like Sgt Tom , a 17 year veteran of the Vegas Police, then please show me any complaints about the programme from the Vegas police dept. Surely they must have publicly stated that they don't deck and taser people for next to nothing? You are basing your opinion, on a scene from another TV programme altogether, that you claim was reshot. Links to any article about the reshot scene please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegas_Strip_(TV_series)

Format
Reality
Documentary

Country of origin
United States
:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic