Favorite areas of Phnom Penh for living?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Favorite areas of Phnom Penh for living?

Post by cannabistourist »

hello, so, for shopping on feet Riverside is the easiest place where to live ?
can you tell me some apartments names / location ?

Thank you for your help.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 am hello, so, for shopping on feet Riverside is the easiest place where to live ?

Thank you for your help.
@Ken2016
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

cannabistourist wrote:hello, so, for shopping on feet Riverside is the easiest place where to live ?

Thank you for your help.
Living close to any local market or supermarket will make shopping on foot easy. Find a market or supermarket you like and use those legs of yours to walk around the surrounding streets and look for ផ្ទះ​ជួល signs outside apartments.

Living near riverside seems like hell to me. No parking, traffic jammed most of the day, filth piled high every morning, dealers and beggars at every turn.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I lived on Riverside once; it was noisy from early morning to late at night. I have lived on lower 178 for a while, it was pretty good, now they have revitalized the park it would be attractive to me again. Now, I live in TTP. It sucks, but it's close to work. I figure the longer I spend in traffic, the more likely it would be that I have an accident. I don't want to have an accident, so I live close to work. :(
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The further I get away from the CBD/riverside, the happier I am
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:45 pm The further I get away from the CBD/riverside, the happier I am
You could move as far as China, and make everyone happy .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 pm I lived on Riverside once; it was noisy from early morning to late at night. I have lived on lower 178 for a while, it was pretty good, now they have revitalized the park it would be attractive to me again. Now, I live in TTP. It sucks, but it's close to work. I figure the longer I spend in traffic, the more likely it would be that I have an accident. I don't want to have an accident, so I live close to work. :(
I stayed out TTP twice for a four hotel nights each time. The place closes down at 10 pm, not even so much as a plastic bag rolling with the breeze. No thanks, even though there are some nice apartments out there.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:08 pm
that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:45 pm The further I get away from the CBD/riverside, the happier I am
You could move as far as China, and make everyone happy .
The Chinese have an abundance of Pun Toh

I was thinking Argentina, or Madagascar.

Crowdfund the move?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic