Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

Post by that genius »

It's Western International School.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

There are quite mongerers on this site (most are to be honest) and if they pm you, you'll be able to figure that out and it could awkward interviewing a teacher who was on CEO asking where to find cheap blowjobs.
Thanks for your insight, contributions are always welcome.
For the egregious insult to members - take some time off.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 am
There are quite mongerers on this site (most are to be honest) and if they pm you, you'll be able to figure that out and it could awkward interviewing a teacher who was on CEO asking where to find cheap blowjobs.
Thanks for your insight, contributions are always welcome.
For the egregious insult to members - take some time off.
Come on, CEO allows a thread "unripoff price for Bargirl Shortime is?" that recently hit 14 pages and 133 posts, and now you're banning a guy for the "egregious insult" of suggesting that a lot of posters are "mongers"?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Come on, CEO allows a thread "unripoff price for Bargirl Shortime is?" that recently hit 14 pages and 133 posts, and now you're banning a guy for the "egregious insult" of suggesting that a lot of posters are "mongers”. .?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:33 pm If the recruiter posts the name of the school, then everyone with grievance against the school, even a petty or unfounded grievance, will respond by posting shit about the school and about how it's a horrible place to work.

Schools in Cambodia, like expats in Cambodia, should never use their real names in online discussion forums.
You have a bad case of Snowden syndrome. Hey! He told the world about shit we do! Uh, maybe if you didn't do shit, the truth would be palatable?

If the school has a decent reputation, they have nothing to fear, and any unfair publicity will be outweighed by favourable opinions.

If it isn't, they earned the flak.

Many countries have very tight defamation laws, and often the laws are used to protect dodgy places from valid criticism.

Many schools have the money to advertise on radio or TV but simply prefer free stuff.

That's fair enough, it just means you accept what may be interpreted as fair comment as part of it.

imho, Western has an OK reputation, so non-disclosure just generates unnecessary negative suspicion.
PP recruit
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by PP recruit »

I know for next time. Thanks.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

that genius wrote:
If the school has a decent reputation, they have nothing to fear, and any unfair publicity will be outweighed by favourable opinions.
Hmmmm, is "That Genius" your real name? If not, what are you hiding?

This is the most rediculous "logic" I've read this week. You seem to think the ratio of people who get online to sing praise is equal to the number of people who get online to complain when they have a bad experience.

I think this topic and SOME of its comments are all the examples of exactly why the school recruiter chooses to remain anonymous, lol.

Oh well, a good discussion nonetheless, and a win-win for them and anyone serious about looking for an English teaching position in Phnom Penh who decided to get in touch with them.

:beer2:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pmI think this topic and SOME of its comments are all the examples of exactly why the school recruiter chooses to remain anonymous, lol.
Actually I'm fairly confident I know exactly who this recruiter is and why she chooses to not disclose herself or the school, and if I'm correct it's because she's previously revealed some very hostile attitudes towards white men that came back to bite her. If it is the same person, she might like to know I kept the screenshots of the last public run-in she had online with me.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
PP recruit
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by PP recruit »

Hi,

I am sorry but it isn't me. I haven't had a run in with anyone. I am fairly new to this particular position. I don't have hostile opinions about white men (or any one for that matter). I am white and married to a white man.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Thanks.
PP recruit
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by PP recruit »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pm
that genius wrote:
Hmmmm, is "That Genius" your real name? If not, what are you hiding?

This is the most rediculous "logic" I've read this week. You seem to think the ratio of people who get online to sing praise is equal to the number of people who get online to complain when they have a bad experience.

I think this topic and SOME of its comments are all the examples of exactly why the school recruiter chooses to remain anonymous, lol.

Oh well, a good discussion nonetheless, and a win-win for them and anyone serious about looking for an English teaching position in Phnom Penh who decided to get in touch with them.

:beer2:
My post has been successful and I have some really good contacts now so it did work out being more positive than negative. Maybe I will pluck up the courage to post again one day!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic