Certificate of residency.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Certificate of residency.

Post by Barang chgout »

Living in the middle of nowhere sometimes presents small challenges.
I'm wanting to get a residency cert. from my sangkat but they have never issued one before and don't know what it looks like. They say they are happy to fill one out for me but want me to come up with a copy of the document so they can just fill in my name/ address and stamp it.
Been looking for an old one i got in Sinville when I opened a bank account, but can't find it.....
Could anyone provide a pro-forma or a copy ( obviously with private details deleted) so I can sove my problem?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Certificate of residency.

Post by bolueeleh »

i think stroppy alr had uploaded an image in one of the threads before
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ahhhh I see a sticky thread here;
why doesn't someone come up with pdf's of all relevant docs/applications needed for visas, residency cert, drivers license, wp's etc etc to stay in KOW?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

bolueeleh wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am i think stroppy alr had uploaded an image in one of the threads before
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am ahhhh I see a sticky thread here;
why doesn't someone.....
Go ahead idea-man, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. The search function is in the upper right quadrant.

Let the scouring and collating commence. :thumb:

Thanks in advance Rich
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I've been through this painful process lately, and the whole process is a major clusterfuck. First of all, when at the Sangkat ask for a 'Prorcheck Ka-Snack-Now'.
But then the clusterfuck will start. The Sangkat does not have the authority to issue a residency permit (Khmer: Procheck Ka-Snack-Now) for a foreigner. The f*cking clerk at my Sangkat told the big boss (whom I happen to know) after he ordered her to prepare one. They will most probably direct you to the immigration police in the main town nearby, at least that's what they did with me. The immigration police will issue the document if you show up with your landlord. The document will then actually be issued to the landlord but it will confirm you stay at the landlords house.

But what if you have your own house, like me? In that case, you are fucked, they can not legally issue the residency permit. When I told this to the DOI in Phnom Penh last week, and let them have a talk with the head of the immigration police in my province (separate departments have zero knowledge about eachother's laws), the DOI came up with solution: my wife has to write a letter I stay with her, and I can then present her residency permit together with her name card instead of my own.

Might work for you too. Stroppy's residency permit was given out by a lax Sangkat, he might not be lucky next time, and since the validity is only 3 months it will be of single use only.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Can we just shut them up with $20 ?
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I've obtained 3 Certificate of Residences, from 3 different Sangkats. Sangkats are authorised to issue these...all it is not a document confirming that you have been registered as living at the address from date A to date B.

The Sangkat are required to provide the details of registered foreigners residing in their Sangkat to the DoI.

Certificate of Residency is different from a Residency Permit (Carnet de Residence). The Sangkat are also responsible for the issuing of these, not the DoI.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 am Can we just shut them up with $20 ?
Why don't you try and report back?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:38 am I've obtained 3 Certificate of Residences, from 3 different Sangkats. Sangkats are authorised to issue these...all it is not a document confirming that you have been registered as living at the address from date A to date B.

The Sangkat are required to provide the details of registered foreigners residing in their Sangkat to the DoI.

Certificate of Residency is different from a Residency Permit (Carnet de Residence). The Sangkat are also responsible for the issuing of these, not the DoI.
For what it's worth: my experience is about two weeks old. And both the DOI and the head of immigration police confirmed what I wrote above. Can't make it any different.

So it's a clusterfuck, at least in my province. Happy to read recent reports from other about this.

<edit> and I have registered with the authorities, so that's not the issue </edit>
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic