PO box mail missing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: PO box mail missing

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

That would be very scary. Maybe I get the VIP treatment because I have received so much junk from Aliexpress that I have moved into a new category. Even more astounding, on very rare occasions, a parcel actually arrives at my apartment.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

One thing I must give credit to the Thais for, the postal service is amazing!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:53 pm The last couple of times I've been called to go to the Post Office, I've been told to ask for someone in person instead of giving me a number. The guy comes out and hand delivers me the package, usually a T Shirt of something and doesn't charge me. Most strange.
I had that happen once with a debit card! Right before he handed it over he made a point of squeezing the envelope before advising me "it's a card". lol thanks (I think this one was addressed to my street address for some reason)
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

To bring a contrary voice to the above, I’ve had a Po box for 16 years in KH, in PP for the first 7 then in SHV afterward and I have seldom lost any mail and never a parcel. To be more precise I am talking 2 ordinary letters out of thousands (unfortunately including a Visa card card in one occurrence). As for parcels the success rate is 100% out of a hundred received or so.
So IMO kudos to the KH Postmen :hattip:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 pm To bring a contrary voice to the above, I’ve had a Po box for 16 years in KH, in PP for the first 7 then in SHV afterward and I have seldom lost any mail and never a parcel. To be more precise I am talking 2 ordinary letters out of thousands (unfortunately including a Visa card card in one occurrence). As for parcels the success rate is 100% out of a hundred received or so.
So IMO kudos to the KH Postmen :hattip:
That's great news and good on you for posting a positive view. Genuinely happy that you're getting good service.

You'll note, however, that we're talking specifically about the PP post office in the past year.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I'm still hoping I'll get the card from my Dad. Opened a dispute for the Aliexpress item that has taken over 80 days so I'll get my money back, but it's still a huge inconvenience to have to buy again and then wait another two months wondering if I will get it.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Daum Penh Stalker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Daum Penh Stalker »

When I would send letters, they would weigh it, then tell you the price, collect the money, and take the letter. ..but not put the stamps on. You literally....everytime....had to put the stamps on yourself or the money would go into their pockets, and your letter into the trash.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic