Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

Post by Kammekor »

PP recruit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:13 pm All I wanted to do was to put the job out there for people to see. That is the point of this particular thread (Expat Classifieds- Help Wanted).

If someone is interested then they will message me and I will tell them the name and we can talk further. There is no point in me putting the name on the board. If you are interested then send a message!

I did this same job back home and didn't disclose the name of the company until I had spoken to the particular candidate privately.
I did the same job back home too.
I have been a teacher in Cambodia and back home for over twenty years, and I have never applied for anonymous employer.

Expecting (extremely) good candidates to spend (waste?) their time applying for a job at an anonymous school is naive in my opinion.
PP recruit
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by PP recruit »

Anybody who genuinely wants to know the school can message me.

I am not asking anyone to waste any time other than the time you spent writing the post complaining. I simply do not want to post it on here so that the post gets over taken with abuse (although it now has and its directed at me personally).
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Another reason why employers often don't want the entire world to know what positions they are hiring for is that sometimes they are looking to replace existing staff. If that staff sees that the employer is publicly advertising online in search of their replacement, things get awkward. There's nothing unusual at all about placing blind ads that generally describe the nature of the employer's business and then you only reveal the name to genuinely interested candidates.

So, what a shit stirrer should do here is just email the recruiter, act interested, get the name, then post it. Then everyone can post their experiences about what a terrible employer it is.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

It's a good thing this forum isn't like the other one. Everyone's so friendly here.

Good luck filling your vacancies.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Welcome to CEO :stir:
Don't forget the water buffalo
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

PP recruit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:57 pm Anybody who genuinely wants to know the school can message me.

I am not asking anyone to waste any time other than the time you spent writing the post complaining. I simply do not want to post it on here so that the post gets over taken with abuse (although it now has and its directed at me personally).
Unfortunately it works both ways. I am highly suspicious of any school that refuses to identify itself from the start. Perhaps they do have a bad reputation.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

In education it's pretty uncommon to do this for teacher's positions.

The reason schools will publish their name together with background info is they don't just want a teacher, but they're looking for teachers sharing and underlining the principles/starting points/vision the school uses in it's effort to offer good education. Maybe even a teacher with skills currently lacking in the team.

That means you have to provide more info than 'a school in Phnom Penh' and 'contact me for more info' if you want a really good serious candidate IMHO. But each his own, maybe in PP this works, for this specific school. Or maybe this school just looks for teachers filling up hours and has no vision, or doesn't care about qualities in the team? I don't know. Maybe people replying will get a 10 page resume describing the school?
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

All I wanted to do was to put the job out there for people to see. That is the point of this particular thread (Expat Classifieds- Help Wanted).

If someone is interested then they will message me and I will tell them the name and we can talk further. There is no point in me putting the name on the board. If you are interested then send a message!

I did this same job back home and didn't disclose the name of the company until I had spoken to the particular candidate privately.
I for one appreciate any information on jobs anywhere in the world so thank you.
Can you give your personal email?

There are quite mongerers on this site (most are to be honest) and if they pm you, you'll be able to figure that out and it could awkward interviewing a teacher who was on CEO asking where to find cheap blowjobs.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

AmericanSteve wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:13 pm
All I wanted to do was to put the job out there for people to see. That is the point of this particular thread (Expat Classifieds- Help Wanted).

I for one appreciate any information on jobs anywhere in the world so thank you.
Can you give your personal email?

There are quite mongerers on this site (most are to be honest) and if they pm you, you'll be able to figure that out and it could awkward interviewing a teacher who was on CEO asking where to find cheap blowjobs.
I find these assertions ridiculous. And quite mongerers(sic)from a self professed English teacher?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

I find these assertions ridiculous.
Which one?
Certainly not that there are quite a few mongerers on this site looking for some good old fashioned R&R.

I'm just saying it would be awkward for the man to have to interview a teacher on CEO asking about cost of services, head protection, BJ Bars, the GF experience.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic