motor got damaged while parking

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by that genius »

No offence, OP, but wtf did they do to cause that much damage?

I dropped a Honda VFR 400R back in the day, in Cambodia, dropped it at 60 kmh lots of damage, $500 to fix it like new.

Assuming it was parked, htf did they do that much damage?
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

A big powerfull bike like that will get the owner killed on the open road in Cambodia and probably a few locals as well,just think of all the animals that are loose on the highway and last but not least the idiot moto drivers.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

andy1 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 pm A big powerfull bike like that will get the owner killed on the open road in Cambodia and probably a few locals as well,just think of all the animals that are loose on the highway and last but not least the idiot moto drivers.
sean lim wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm well maybe i can get robbed and be killed by myself by speeding, but i bought this bike cause of this is pretty and i can afford it.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
sean lim
Expatriate
Korea South

Post by sean lim »

andy1 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 pm A big powerfull bike like that will get the owner killed on the open road in Cambodia and probably a few locals as well,just think of all the animals that are loose on the highway and last but not least the idiot moto drivers.
A big powerful bike is big powerful bike ... its up to the driver

statistically big bike have less traffic accident rate then small one :-)
sean lim
Expatriate
Korea South

Post by sean lim »

beaker wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 am
sean lim wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm well maybe i can get robbed and be killed by myself by speeding, but i bought this bike cause of this is pretty and i can afford it.

sean lim
Expatriate
Korea South

Post by sean lim »

that genius wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:44 pm No offence, OP, but wtf did they do to cause that much damage?

I dropped a Honda VFR 400R back in the day, in Cambodia, dropped it at 60 kmh lots of damage, $500 to fix it like new.

Assuming it was parked, htf did they do that much damage?
cause of the spare part cost.

mirror cost around $300-400 for sets..

all from Italy
sean lim
Expatriate
Korea South

Post by sean lim »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm
sean lim wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm
beaker wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm What's your excuse for not having insurance ?

I ride a Honda Forza
yeah seems your bike cost $1500

seems you typed one more 0

and the scooters are strong :-) they built in that way.

and excuse for not having insurance its brand new bike and i didn't have enough time to have insurance after bought it.

also i didn't expect parking lot attendant will knock over my bike.
Well, now you know. Attendants are not at all used to handling 200 kg bikes. It will be knocked over. I hemmed and hawed about a big bike. But I just knew it was going to be a big pain in the ass, both for parking and riding in heavy, chaotic traffic. A powerful, pricy bike is the last thing I'd ever own or ride in SEA.
yeah 100% agreed about chaotic road. but it is not that hard to avoid the accident in this country(no one makes fast turn<left or right>)... and i have been riding big bike for a year in this country without any accident till now.

still having fun :-)
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

sean lim wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:19 am
beaker wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 am

Not sure on what the definition "big bike" is but,

ARLINGTON, Va. — Supersports have the highest death rates and worst overall insurance losses among all types of motorcycles, new analyses by the Institute and Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) reveal. Motorcyclists who ride supersports have driver death rates per 10,000 registered motorcycles nearly 4 times higher than rates for motorcyclists who ride all other types of bikes.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

That bike would weigh about 3 times a parking attendant. I would have thought those big bikes would be hard to knock over when parked on the main stand (I don't know what they're called). The kick stand maybe.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 am That bike would weigh about 3 times a parking attendant. I would have thought those big bikes would be hard to knock over when parked on the main stand (I don't know what they're called). The kick stand maybe.
The kick stand is on the side with a single foot and leans the bike over to a side and the center stand has 2 feet and stands the bike up straight much more secure.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic