Baggage/Visa question - BKK airport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Baggage/Visa question - BKK airport

Post by StroppyChops »

Mrs Stroppy is off to Clogland to clog with her familial cloggers, and clog, clog... ahem.

She's flying Bangkok Air to BKK and then transferring to an Emirates flight for her onward voyage, vicky verky on the return.

If I read Bangkok Air's website correctly Mrs Stroppy should be able to 'through-check' her baggage straight from PNH to AMS, allowing her to stay in the transit zone at BKK and not worry about VoA.

Can anyone confirm based on personal experience, please?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Baggage/Visa question - BKK airport

Post by Username Taken »

I didn't take direct connecting flights from Bangkok after arriving from PP, but the next day

the baggage from BKK to OOL (Gold Coast), with a stopover in KL, was checked-through to OOL from BKK. No need to manually deal with it at KL. Ditto the return flight.

If that's of any help.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Yep, huge help thanks UT - did you change airlines at KL?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote:Yep, huge help thanks UT - did you change airlines at KL?
No. So, therein lies the difference.

I'm sure there must be plenty of posters here with the relevant experience who can clarify.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:I didn't take direct connecting flights from Bangkok after arriving from PP, but the next day

the baggage from BKK to OOL (Gold Coast),

with a stopover in KL, was checked-through to OOL from BKK. No need to manually deal with it at KL. Ditto the return flight.

If that's of any help.

Are you a G/Coaster ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

I've interlined baggage from Bangkok Air onward, but I can't remember what airline it was to. I think they can interline to any major carrier, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

giblet wrote:I've interlined baggage from Bangkok Air onward, but I can't remember what airline it was to. I think they can interline to any major carrier, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Cheers giblet - I've seen the list of airlines they'll do it with, it's just good to hear someone's done it.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I regularly fly PNH-BKK-DBX (or AUH)-BGH with Bangkok Air and Emirates (or Etihad), my luggage is always checked-through all the way from PNH to Baghdad with no problems. Mrs Stroppy shouldn't have to collect her luggage at BKK.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Duncan wrote:
Username Taken wrote:I didn't take direct connecting flights from Bangkok after arriving from PP, but the next day

the baggage from BKK to OOL (Gold Coast),

with a stopover in KL, was checked-through to OOL from BKK. No need to manually deal with it at KL. Ditto the return flight.

If that's of any help.

Are you a G/Coaster ?
No. Not even a banana-bender. :whip:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I regularly fly PNH-BKK-DBX (or AUH)-BGH with Bangkok Air and Emirates (or Etihad), my luggage is always checked-through all the way from PNH to Baghdad with no problems. Mrs Stroppy shouldn't have to collect her luggage at BKK.
Brilliant - thanks Kiwi.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic