Where are the friendly Filipinos whose sisters are going to study nursing in your hometown?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Daum Penh Stalker
Expatriate
United States of America

Where are the friendly Filipinos whose sisters are going to study nursing in your hometown?

Post by Daum Penh Stalker »

I am really up for some cultural exchange opportunities.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Where are the friendly Filipinos whose sisters are going to study nursing in your hometown?

Post by General Mackevili »

Walk on Riverside with a nice hat and a Lonely Planet guidebook, or maybe near the Independence Monument, and you might be a marked man within minutes.

That said, I haven't noticed any reports of the Philippino Blackjack Scammers in a while. I recall a few getting picked up by the police several months ago, so maybe they are quickly becoming as welcome as Westerners without a passport or visa.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Where are the friendly Filipinos whose sisters are going to study nursing in your hometown?

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

I visit AEON mall at least 2 or 3 times a week for shopping or lunch. There are 2 or 3 that hang out at the mall, usually sitting by Gloria Jeans. The same one has hit me up 5 times in the past 6 months. Once I saw what looked like him exchanging phone numbers with an elderly white gentleman. It must be paying off.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

@OP , make sure you wear a really nice hat and have a recording device ready. Looking forward to the follow up on this thread! :thumb:
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:55 pm Walk on Riverside with a nice hat and a Lonely Planet guidebook, or maybe near the Independence Monument, and you might be a marked man within minutes.

That said, I haven't noticed any reports of the Philippino Blackjack Scammers in a while. I recall a few getting picked up by the police several months ago, so maybe they are quickly becoming as welcome as Westerners without a passport or visa.
I saw Scammer Steve recently, in TTP. He tried it on, obviously felt some deja vu, moved on...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

N o o f f e n s e but Some of you guys must look like suckers. I haven't been approached by any of these scammers ever anywhere.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

dron wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:52 pm N o o f f e n s e but Some of you guys must look like suckers. I haven't been approached by any of these scammers ever anywhere.
How long total have u spent in se asia ? I first met a couple or 3 all together once in Bangkok late 1981 and of course several times in Philippines itself after that. Though do think it is a little bit off chance that i have yet to personally run across any in all of the time i have spent in Cambodia- maybe total 5 or 6 months since 2015.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

A decade in Asia, most of it in Phnom Penh. Out every single day, often on the riverside or Aeon mall. Never been ripped off, never has anyone attempted PINOY or otherwise.

"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dron wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:33 pm A decade in Asia, most of it in Phnom Penh. Out every single day, often on the riverside or Aeon mall. Never been ripped off, never has anyone attempted PINOY or otherwise.

You think THIS is a point of distinction that sets you above everyone else? Wow.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

dron wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:33 pm A decade in Asia, most of it in Phnom Penh. Out every single day, often on the riverside or Aeon mall. Never been ripped off, never has anyone attempted PINOY or otherwise.

Maybe try ironing your shirt or cleaning your shoes. They tend not to target people that dress like motodops.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic