Scooter Color Change

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Scooter Color Change

Post by beaker »

I want to change the color of my Honda Forza Scooter. It's full body like a PCX but even larger so the color stands out more than the average moto.

Anyone have experience with the registration/title reading one color and the bike being another ? There is also the licence plate #, engine # and frame # for them to know it's the same bike but this is the KOW ? The bike card is still in a previous Khmer owner.

Another possible problem ,for future registration, may be the color choice of a Kameleon color that changes from green to purple depending on viewing angle.

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Scooter Color Change

Post by epidemiks »

Yes. No issues besides the ordinary police grasping at anything to get two bucks issues.

Vinyl wraps are very popular, and cheap. Lots of colour choices, and simple to change or remove.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

epidemiks wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am Yes. No issues besides the ordinary police grasping at anything to get two bucks issues.

Vinyl wraps are very popular, and cheap. Lots of colour choices, and simple to change or remove.
Do you have a recommended place to have it done ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

beaker wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am
epidemiks wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am Yes. No issues besides the ordinary police grasping at anything to get two bucks issues.

Not particularly. There's plenty around. Sticker City looks... professional: https://goo.gl/maps/YNQZm6b6n1G2 :lol:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Avoid the place directly behind Wat Toul Tom Poung, those guys are idiots when it comes to wrapping. They literally tore paint off my brand new tuktuk by misplacing and then pulling off some vinyl, and were just going to patch it over with some other vinyl that was 20 shades off from the body colour. I was not very Christian as I saw it happen, knowing that I'd have to have the panel repainted. I'm sure they knew all the words I used, but possibly hadn't heard them used like that before.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Avoid the place directly behind Wat Toul Tom Poung, those guys are idiots when it comes to wrapping. They literally tore paint off my brand new tuktuk by misplacing and then pulling off some vinyl, and were just going to patch it over with some other vinyl that was 20 shades off from the body colour. I was not very Christian as I saw it happen, knowing that I'd have to have the panel repainted. I'm sure they knew all the words I used, but possibly hadn't heard them used like that before.
lol, living up to your name there?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:27 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm

lol, living up to your name there?
I was in that moment, yeah!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Daum Penh Stalker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Daum Penh Stalker »

It's really hit and miss with the bong doing the work. I was watching one guy do work on my bike while spitting sunflower seed shells into the engine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic