any taste like lemonade etc. but still 5% or more alcohol

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: any taste like lemonade etc. but still 5% or more alcohol

Post by chkwoot »

1. Go to Pencil.
2. Buy a 500 ml bottle of Thai Lime Juice.
3. Buy some artificial sweetener.
4. Buy a bottle of vodka.
5. Mix all in an empty 1.5 liter water bottle, to taste.
6. Tell everyone it's Royal-D and you're sick so you can't share.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm "tanduay ice zero - and 5% alcohol and only 90 calories"

Sweet or not, you got my attention here. You can buy this in the stores in Cambodia?

Ok i have now checked many convenience stores and seems no local brands. A couple or so very expensive imported like 8 times the price of Tanduay ice in Philippines that do taste almost as good but a little less than 5% alcohol. Did not say how many calories but i will bet it is a hell of a lot more than the only 90 of Tanduay ice zero(perhaps could search the internet and find out). Usually those types of alcoholic drinks 'don't taste like god awful beer' are more calories than the typical beer of around 200 more or less for the typical 12oz or 330ml. Here found one called Vodka Cruiser and is written 4.6% alcohol. It is only 245ml though and costs a whopping $1.7 at Kiwi mart on street 51 just north of intersection 154 and other places slightly more it seems except at Lucky supermarket maybe a few cents less forgot exactly. There is another brand called Red i think a little more expensinve and did not seem to taste quite as good. Though did find similar to that Soicu or whatever from korea and japan but forgot the name here exactly but think it is also imported. As i recall it was the standard 330ml and was a little over $2 as recall and surprisingly had written 13% alcohol on the side so per alcohol content would be the less costly but still expensive esp compared to tanduay ice in PI(about2.5 times as much on a per alcohol content i would estimate). The taste was a bit stronger and not as pleasant but not all that bad considering the 13% alcohol and still not nearly as bad taste as god awful beer, wines, etc. If these were at or near the price of local beers here i'll bet given the choice u would never go back to drinking beer that is if any of those low priced bars served them which i would bet they don't.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

would assume without further research, and no i am certainly not all that familiar detail if at all on exact processing of beers etc. , that they can remove the excess sugar after it has somewhat fermented and released or and etc. produced ethanol.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

chkwoot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 am 1. Go to Pencil.
2. Buy a 500 ml bottle of Thai Lime Juice.
3. Buy some artificial sweetener.
4. Buy a bottle of vodka.
5. Mix all in an empty 1.5 liter water bottle, to taste.
6. Tell everyone it's Royal-D and you're sick so you can't share.
That would be at least 4000 calories. I need a lo-cal alternative. :beer3:
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:18 amThat would be at least 4000 calories. I need a lo-cal alternative. :beer3:
Nitrous oxide?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:25 am
Heng Heng Heng wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:18 amThat would be at least 4000 calories. I need a lo-cal alternative. :beer3:
Nitrous oxide?
Been a while since I was at the bluedog. I never got into though. Very short buzz. :greet:
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic