I Hope You've Had Your Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I Hope You've Had Your Japanese Encephalitis Vaccinatio

Post by ExPenhMan »

Sailorman wrote:Got mine in Pattaya a couple years ago for about $25.us
\

I've never had this shot. I'm in Pattaya. Did you go to a hospital or clinic? Do you remember where? Thanks.

And thanks General for the heads-up.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Just ran into my vaccination book looking for something else & I realize that gave out bad info. 2nd vaccination is 7-14 days after the 1st. 3rd is 28 days later.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

In Pattaya it was the hospital down by soi 4 or 5 and on second road. I was staying at the Sabai Lodge which is close.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I've walked by it. That would be Pattaya Int Hospital on 5. Well located after a trip to Soi 6
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Apparently you can get the newer JE vaccine in Thailand and it's only one shot, one time.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

StroppyChops wrote:Anyone know if physically administering the injection is included in the price at the Pasteur Institute?
StroppyChops,
just go to any pharmacy outlet, get the product for around $ 22, add Riel 2000 for syringe, needle, distilled water and an alcohol pad and inject the product yourself. It’s not injected intravenously – just goes into the shoulder. You can do it – you seem to be a big boy. :beer3: Just ram that needle in.
Last edited by Francis on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I had it a few years ago as part of my job (circa 2008-2009). Got a skin sample later on at Pasteur (they prick you and check the size of the wound 3 days later or something). To be honest, why would you guys be worried about that?! I think you'd need to be sleeping in a pretty remote area (jungle) to get it.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I had it a few years ago as part of my job (circa 2008-2009). Got a skin sample later on at Pasteur (they prick you and check the size of the wound 3 days later or something). To be honest, why would you guys be worried about that?! I think you'd need to be sleeping in a pretty remote area (jungle) to get it.
It's definitely around in SR city - no need to be in the jungle.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Japanese Encephalitis is also known as Yellow Fever.

Strange as I always thought they were a Chinese band that combine Chinese pop music and lyrics with psychedelic rock?
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Francis wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Anyone know if physically administering the injection is included in the price at the Pasteur Institute?
StroppyChops,
just go to any pharmacy outlet, get the product for around $ 22, add Riel 2000 for syringe, needle, distilled water and an alcohol pad and inject the product yourself. It’s not injected intravenously – just goes into the shoulder. You can do it – you seem to be a big boy. :beer3: Just ram that needle in.
LOL! I have a little training in that area, and am a diabetic, so no big thing!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic