Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by StroppyChops »

Rain Dog wrote:First of all there are no truly Christian Countries in the world currently. That is countries that are run based on truly Christian teachings.
Actually many of the countries in the (British) Commonwealth are constitutionally Christian, as are a number of other countries in the world. I think your need to use a qualifier shows that you know this but need to shape the discussion away from the original post.
Per my comments about Genocide and Hitler in my previous post, your words here are both extreme and dangerous. They also remind me of G W Bush and his famous "You are either for us or against us" mantra.
Your attempt to paint me with the Nazi brush is both simple and hypocritical, if not just plain ironic. I know any discussion about Islam is a trigger for you, but honestly, 'not my circus, not my monkeys'.
You say "you MUST choose" otherwise the default choice is against us (as Christians). Directly implied is "Choose Christian AGAINST Muslim" as they cannot coexist in your world.
Actually, no. Those are your words. If you're going to quote me, do it honestly.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

The Add Jay wrote:
dagenham wrote:Religions are for the weak. They exist to assert control over large segments of the population. They create nonsensical "rules and laws", they seek tithing to bleed the poorest of the poor, they often threaten the non-believer, they often rationalize violence and conflict toward any "other", they condone aggressive "conversion" tactics under the banner of salvation...

If the general populace was highly educated (and, of course, they never will be) religions would play a very minor role in the ordering of societies. Ignorance, fear and shame are the engines of "blind faith".

Love, harmony and caring can be expressed exclusive of any belief system. Just be a good human being. Simple.

Obviously, with religions or not we will always continue to seek to dominate and slaughter each other. We have to. Population control - there aren't enough natural disasters. So it goes...

Coming from a guy who is hooked on pain killers and hookers.
Dude from another planet...hookers are pain killers...geez...get real, Brother...

pain killer pills? whatchatalkin'bout? never took 'em - any recommendations?

and from a guy from NYC this comes...and I've seen you drunk as a skunk on the arms of many an honest "working girl", right?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Stroppy, you're clearly anti-Muslim from the tenor and content of your posts - man up and admit it...

So am I..and anti-Christian and....

In fact, your "Church of Christ" cult is anti-Christian as well - they unequivocally state that "their baptism" is the only way to get to heaven...all other Christian faiths are wrong and they are all going to hell...read the fine print before you start pontificating about how tolerant you are, blah, blah, blah...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:Stroppy, you're clearly anti-Muslim from the tenor and content of your posts - man up and admit it...

In fact, your "Church of Christ" cult is anti-Christian as well - they unequivocally state that "their baptism" is the only way to get to heaven...all other Christian faiths are wrong and they are all going to hell...read the fine print before you start pontificating about how tolerant you are, blah, blah, blah...
Here's the thing, brother. There's a rational conversation going on in this thread among a group of functional adults who may have strongly differing views. For you to slap a few of your worn-out rants on the table doesn't do you any favours or contribute to the discussion. I suspect that more than a few readers see your same-same expressions of untreated church-sanctioned trauma as attempted punning (with credit to vlad and Gary, they at least are funny) or perhaps just attention whoring. If you do actually have something of value to contribute, it's completely swallowed up in vitriol. The last time you started down this path, many of your friends here - myself included - begged you to get help for your underlying pain. Please, man, for you own sake.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:Stroppy, you're clearly anti-Muslim from the tenor and content of your posts - man up and admit it...

Here's the thing, brother. There's a rational conversation going on in this thread among a group of functional adults who may have strongly differing views. For you to slap a few of your worn-out rants on the table doesn't do you any favours or contribute to the discussion. I suspect that more than a few readers see your same-same expressions of untreated church-sanctioned trauma as attempted punning (with credit to vlad and Gary, they at least are funny) or perhaps just attention whoring. If you do actually have something of value to contribute, it's completely swallowed up in vitriol. The last time you started down this path, many of your friends here - myself included - begged you to get help for your underlying pain. Please, man, for you own sake.
I have to agree with this sentiment... particularly the part in bold.

You're very repetitive in pretty much all of it... which is pretty much all of your posts.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:
Your attempt to paint me with the Nazi brush is both simple and hypocritical, if not just plain ironic. I know any discussion about Islam is a trigger for you, but honestly, 'not my circus, not my monkeys'.

Actually, no. Those are your words. If you're going to quote me, do it honestly.
Stroppy -- I believe your religious bigotry and intolerance have already been exposed on this thread and on another we previously engaged in, so I am not going to dwell on it further. Don't take it so personally, there are plenty of other haters hiding beneath the image of "nice Christian" on the net. For the record it is not people that attacking Muslims that get's me going. There is plenty worthy of Criticism in the Muslim world. I despise racism, bigotry, and supremacist of all sorts and particularly detest the hypocrisy it is often wrapped in. One reason I asked you to go back and read your post but change the words "Muslim and Islam" to "Jewish and Judaism".

Moving specifically on to the arguments at hand:

1) I did use a qualifier about what a Christian Country is -- because you failed to clarify what you meant by insisting that your country be a "Christian" Country. My point is there are plenty of countries with majority Christian people but NONE that run on Christian principles or Christian Governance.

2) You quoted a fear mongering, inaccurate and distorted debate singling out Islam as a threat to your country and faith. I pointed out the historical precedents for such arguments usually wind up not working out very well.

3) You accuse me of misquoting you --- but here again is your EXACT quote:

"Choose today whether you want Australia to identify as being Christian or Muslim." You cannot do nothing, if you believe you're choosing the none-of-the-above option, you're choosing a Muslim nation."

So you are insisting on a "for us or against us" choice ---- I am curious as to what the specifics are as to the "choice" you want people to make. What are the implications, a "Christian Nation intolerant of all other faiths"? Be specific. You want people to choose against Muslims --- what exactly does this mean in practice?

And whether you like it or not --- this very same logic has been used by Hitler and others to "force" people into "action".

Please -- no more deflections please. Talking about "Monkeys and Circuses" does nothing to help clarify your views.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

People should be reminded who Stroppy is fronting for. He sidesteps all delicate issues (especially about C of C) and is largely full of shit - he is using the forum for his dubious brand of "salvation". Obviously.

OD, you appear to worship at the altar of alcohol, which seems to be the epicenter of your universe. So you go drinking with good 'ol boy Stropps and you're fast friends. Never trust a bloke who don't drink, right?
Last edited by dagenham on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I am turning nothing and who are "we"?

Some of my best friends are Muslims and I find them particularly more open and less annoying then a majority of Christians I've met throughout my life, especially those Bible thumpers in certain parts of the U.S.

This will be all I post in this thread and I doubt I will open it for a read again. Kind of weird/ignorant if you ask me.

Christian worried about people becoming Islamic? Who cares? You can still be Christian and practice your faith in all of the places I would imagine you want to visit on Earth.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

dagenham wrote:People should be reminded who Stroppy is fronting for. He sidesteps all delicate issues (especially about C of C) and is largely full of shit - he is using he forum for his dubious brand of "salvation". Obviously.

OD, you worship at the altar of alcohol, which seems to be the epicenter of your universe. So you go drinking with good 'ol boy Stropps and you're fast friends. Never trust a bloke who don't drink, right?
I went out drinking one night with G Mack and Strops and Mrs Strops. We then became friends. That is one common way people become friends, Dags.

Seriously, your bullshit and love affair with Stroppy's religion is getting old.

I have to wonder, Dags, what it is you want from this forum? Sincere question. You are obviously not here to make any friends. If you don't care about that, so be it. So... what's your story man? Why are you in Cambodia? Why do you post on this forum?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

dagenham wrote:People should be reminded who Stroppy is fronting for. He sidesteps all delicate issues (especially about C of C) and is largely full of shit - he is using he forum for his dubious brand of "salvation". Obviously.
To me this looks to be true. Sorry, old Strops, you appear to have a clear agenda.

I don't buy your just here to educate stuff. You'll be selling the Gospel to some poorly-educated peasant as soon as you have finished your six months' language course.

Can you really stand up and teach a class without letting your beliefs leak into the lesson?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic