CryptoCurrency Trading - Anyone doing this?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: CryptoCurrency Trading - Anyone doing this?

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:13 pm I wonder if this had anything to do with GDPR.
Has as much to do with the GDPR as today being Memorial Day in the US.
Happy Memorial Day. :)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Surely proving your identity defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

doktor_d wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:39 am Image
Currently, Ripple’s transaction speeds have crossed that of VISA’s to reach the mark of 50,000 transactions per second.
https://globalcoinreport.com/how-ripple ... d-of-visa/
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

General Mackevili wrote:I wonder if this had anything to do with GDPR.
Know your customer is being self implemented throughout the crypto world to comply with several countries laws (in case they ever get classified as a security).
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Plenty of exchanges where you can still be anonymous. Binance, Cryptopia, Coinexchange, IDEX and Kucoin to name a few off the top of my head..

No need to bother with KYC/AML exchanges.
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

doktor_d wrote:Plenty of exchanges where you can still be anonymous. Binance, Cryptopia, Coinexchange, IDEX and Kucoin to name a few off the top of my head..

No need to bother with KYC/AML exchanges.
True, but word has it that those are in the pipeline for KYC as well. I believe some these already do for new customers.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

I don't buy it. I'm on all of the ones mentioned earlier and I don't do KYC exchanges.. in fact I'm also on tradeogre, kucoin, mercatox, quoine, yobit, bilaxy, cryptos, cobinhood and huobi and none of those are KYC exchanges either.

Take decentralized exchanges like IDEX and bisq for example.. How are they and other decentralized exchanges going to be pressured into doing KYC? Will they shut down the entire internet?

I see some or many of the bigger exchanges going the KYC route. Especially those based in the US. But many will not. And decentralized exchanges? I don't see how.
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
nathandev
Tourist
Pakistan

Post by nathandev »

I can vouch for Hardware and MyEtherWallet it is easy to use and create wallet plus it is highly secured for me, try to check some reviews. My friend who was a long time bitcoin enthusiast uses it also.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic