Investment in Cambo is now not an option

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Investment in Cambo is now not an option

Post by Artful Dodger »

I figure I am lucky... I bought in at when prices were good and getting decent returns. I am lucky I have good landlords that hate Chinese.... but for the new investor. Not a good time. Chinese buy outs everywhere and leases cancelled. Many of my peers have lost 10's of thousands with the Chinese take over in Cambo. I have to be honest... it is a Chinese takeover. The big man has become a slave to them and the Cambo people suffer.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
pauladams
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Investment in Cambo is now not an option

Post by pauladams »

Why do you have a landlord if you’re getting good returns, presumably from property?

There’s still money to be made. The prices are on the up and spreading out, especially in SHN and Kampot.
elguapo
Tourist
Canada

Post by elguapo »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:17 pm I figure I am lucky... I bought in at when prices were good and getting decent returns. I am lucky I have good landlords that hate Chinese.... but for the new investor. Not a good time. Chinese buy outs everywhere and leases cancelled. Many of my peers have lost 10's of thousands with the Chinese take over in Cambo. I have to be honest... it is a Chinese takeover. The big man has become a slave to them and the Cambo people suffer.
Compared to where exactly? This is about as emerging of a market as you would want and still have some basic necessities to do business, communicate relatively easily with the locals and live comfortably. Maybe you just aren't being creative enough.
As the locals get smarter and more educated we foreigners will be forced to do the same. This is a positive for everyone who is actually in it for the long haul and not trying to make a quick buck by ripping people off. Build something that people want and the business will come. Try and do the same thing as everyone else, in exactly the same way everyone else is doing it and you will definitely fail. This is true anywhere in the world that you go though.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

thats a pretty sweeping statement u hv there, all of cambo? :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic