Welcome to Moe's Bar on Street 144!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Welcome to Moe's Bar on Street 144!

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:47 am
phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 pm
sabay tey wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 pm Hello all. Have 3 new girl start today, never work before. Come meet new staff and welcome!
unless ur pushing the "new" girls to have sex with guys :stir:
why would any guy be interested in meeting a girl that has never worked in a bar, probably speaks zero english and has zero in common with?

Not the way i'd promote my bar, ( if i had one)

Good food
Great atmosphere
Cold air con
Healthy pours
Wide range of beers
Happy hour till 8 pm
latest sports on big screen tv

Yes

New girls

NO
i only sit and drink with the freshies, they are much more pleasant to drink with than some seasoned bird whos only hustling you for drinks and just spouting out loads of bullshit so you buy her more drinks or barfine her
BUT u speak the lingo, if u didn't all she could say is

"i sit here, ok? Wat ur name, where u stay, buy me drink?"

On a different point, from my observation in 40+years in aisa, the ONLY reason you would go as, a single guy , into a girly bar is to find something to take home, U surely would not go into one for the stimulating conversation...

NOW if ur with friends or know the owner thats different...
When I was partying I regularly went to girly bars just for a good time. Very rarely did I barfine someone and if I did it was not the specific intention on going to the bar just the result of having fun with the girls and finding one I liked. Some can be fun bars to just have a drink and have a good time in.
@phuketrichard ... here you go again mate stating your opinion as a FACT lol
there are MANY blokes that pop out to the bars, as if they were just popping out to the local back at home,
once you been in a particular bar once or twice, you may have become friends with the owner (if wasnt a friend already) and friends with the staff, or have one girl in particular that you enjoy sitting and having a drink or a game of pool with,
i, and many others go out with the main intention being to have a drink and the social side of going out for a drink, you go to your favourite bars, and as most punters would know its not wise you shit on your own doorstep, some people will go out for a drink and a flirt, and might have a regular girl in a particular bar which they will end up with at the end of the night

not saying you are totally wrong in all cases, but for a lot of expats or regular visitors, they are already friends with the owners/staff of their favourite watering holes and will be the reason why they visit that certain bar, not to go pick up a chick
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:05 am
JohnLeonard wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:51 am
sabay tey wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 pm Hello all. Have 3 new girl start today, never work before. Come meet new staff and welcome!
why would any guy be interested in meeting a girl that has never worked in a bar, probably speaks zero english and has zero in common with?

Good food
Great atmosphere
Cold air con
Healthy pours
Wide range of beers
Happy hour till 8 pm

Yes

New girls

NO
i only sit and drink with the freshies, they are much more pleasant to drink with than some seasoned bird whos only hustling you for drinks and just spouting out loads of bullshit so you buy her more drinks or barfine her
So did you meet them?
Seems like i am going there the minute i set foot in Cambodia lol.
No not yet, im just in England atm, it was just a general comment,
i'm friends with the owner so im sure it will be a regular spot of mine when i am back
See ya there *wink wink* :beer3:
Don't forget the water buffalo
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:55 pm
phuketrichard wrote:

Good food
Great atmosphere
Cold air con
Healthy pours
Wide range of beers
Happy hour till 8 pm

Yes

New girls

NO

On a different point, from my observation in 40+years in aisa, the ONLY reason you would go as, a single guy , into a girly bar is to find something to take home, U surely would not go into one for the stimulating conversation...

When I was partying I regularly went to girly bars just for a good time. Very rarely did I barfine someone and if I did it was not the specific intention on going to the bar just the result of having fun with the girls and finding one I liked. Some can be fun bars to just have a drink and have a good time in.
there are MANY blokes that pop out to the bars, as if they were just popping out to the local back at home,
once you been in a particular bar once or twice, you may have become friends with the owner (if wasnt a friend already) and friends with the staff, or have one girl in particular that you enjoy sitting and having a drink or a game of pool with,
i, and many others go out with the main intention being to have a drink and the social side of going out for a drink, you go to your favourite bars, and as most punters would know its not wise you shit on your own doorstep, some people will go out for a drink and a flirt, and might have a regular girl in a particular bar which they will end up with at the end of the night

not saying you are totally wrong in all cases, but for a lot of expats or regular visitors, they are already friends with the owners/staff of their favourite watering holes and will be the reason why they visit that certain bar, not to go pick up a chick
who said anything about facts?? :stir:

into a girly bar ... ....from my observation in 40+years in aisa, . .... ....NOW if ur with friends or know the owner thats different.......

I knew many of the owners, managers on Patpong in the 80's and all the regulars, including even the doormen (who i used to ride the streets of Bangkok with after 3 am) ....... so do agree with you to some extent.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
lipservice
Expatriate

Post by lipservice »

I like that some are being harassed by a midget with tatts :assasin:
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:31 pm
phuketrichard wrote:

into a girly bar ... ....from my observation in 40+years in aisa, . .... ....NOW if ur with friends or know the owner thats different.......

I knew many of the owners, managers on Patpong in the 80's and all the regulars, including even the doormen (who i used to ride the streets of Bangkok with after 3 am) ....... so do agree with you to some extent.
Why do you come to this great positive thread with your negativity? How about support the bar or go open your own since you know better. Things and world has changed from your heydays. Accept it. :hattip:
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Honey69 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:03 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:31 pm
phuketrichard wrote:

Why do you come to this great positive thread with your negativity? How about support the bar or go open your own since you know better. Things and world has changed from your heydays. Accept it. :hattip:
been there, done that. Ran the most successful late night disco on Phuket island in the 80's.
wouldn't own a bar now if one was given to me...
as far as bars goes, nothing has changed. i outlined before what makes one successful..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sabay tey
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sabay tey »

Hello. Welcome all tonight for lady in red night. Come drink with beautiful ladies in their beautiful red dresses. See you soon!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic