I've Been Back In Phnom Penh For Less Than 24 Hours & I've Already Been Approached By A Filipino Blackjack Scammer

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: I've Been Back In Phnom Penh For Less Than 24 Hours & I've Already Been Approached By A Filipino Blackjack Scammer

Post by willyhilly »

You wearing a backpack? You have certainly gone downhill in the last few years. its a shame. I bet you had nice shoes though.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: I've Been Back In Phnom Penh For Less Than 24 Hours & I've Already Been Approached By A Filipino Blackjack Scammer

Post by Cam Nivag »

Why would you walk from Score Bar to Wat Langka in the evening after a few drinks? There are no decent bars in BKK1. Slumming at Blue Dog?
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 am Shows that the tired old routine is still working on noobs though, or they wouldn't be pulling it.
With the amount of clueless liberal trendies I see nowadays, I doubt the chum for the sharks will dry up anytime soon.
Last edited by AE86 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-insert signature here
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:hmmm.... i would have demanded pics of his niece first before making my decision, and just turned up tooled up incase anything turned nasty :D :D
Haha, I should go back and find him again..
Anchor Moy wrote:FFS, GM, the video or it didn't happen . :plus1:

Also, lame that you didn't get a photo of the "nurse/niece". :facepalm:
Ha! I wanted to. Just couldn't pull it off.
rozzieoz wrote:Fuck Phnom Penh!
When will you be in SNV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe in a weekish! See you really soon!
willyhilly wrote:You wearing a backpack? You have certainly gone downhill in the last few years. its a shame. I bet you had nice shoes though.
It's a hipster backpack. Need to put the laptop somewhere.
Cam Nivag wrote:Why would you walk from Score Bar to Wat Langka in the evening after a few drinks? There are no decent bars in BKK1. Slumming at Blue Dog?
I walked all the way to GSM area for a (legit) massage, and then over to the riverside, thank you very much.

Nice to get around by foot once a year or so.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Seems I'm not the only expat this fucker has approached. Some noteworthy comments:

Spoiler:
This guy came up to me in Aeon mall saying that he's seen me visit Aeon very often (I go to Aeon about 2 x a year..) he was asking me all sorts of questions but I told him some bs.. I didnt know he was a black jack scammer but definitely sounded like some sort of scam to me.. i just walked off..

I had the flippers come my work after donations for the orphanage. I opened my wallet and put every last cent in the envelope. I asked if it was all going to the orphanage. She said yes then I asked the address and name so she told me. Then I said I would personally deliver myself and put the envelope back in my own pocket. And I smiled ever so sweetly. The look on her face was definitely worth it
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

whats he selling anyway?

what a dud.

too bad Asian is full of these dropkicks
JohnLeonard
Expatriate
Somalia

Post by JohnLeonard »

Oh this same dude approached me last year about the same time probably in July if i am not mistaken, i was outside of Shanghai bar talking to the security guy who was a Cambodian deportee, he approached me asking where i was from i told him i am an African and he walked off right away hahaha lol, probably was thinking i can't scam the scammers lol. the security guy told me he saw this guy couple of times talking to the patrons of the pontoon in the early morning as well as those who are sitting at the Turkish restaurant right across from Shanghai.
Cat playing her favorite game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7_GRm4xR8
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic