Losing our house

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Losing our house

Post by Barang chgout »

I guess the two shipping terminals being constructed in Kampot are just for fun then...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

cptrelentless wrote:You need four bedrooms? Or is it a nice have? Because they are going for $1200 a month now. If there's just you and your kid then a two bed would probably be ok but it'll be 3-400. You a member of the facebook groups for property here? If you are willing to pay for a four bed then if the Chinese guy doesn't come through I'll have a place for you. You could also try Kleang Ler as that's where we're migrating to, out of necessity really.
I have 3 boys and as of two nights ago a freaking dog. Lol. And my wife. I am a member of the property group but don’t see any recent updates. Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:Can't help, but all the best with finding the right place for you and your family. "Desperately needs to sell" = price he can't resist from buyers from a nearby country?
Quite possible!

Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

superferret wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm This is a story I've heard so many times over the past couple of years from Sihanoukville. Unfortunate, and depressing as there's no reason to believe why it couldn't eventually happen everywhere else. :?
It won't happen anywhere else in Cambodia on the massive scale it's happening in Sihanoukville, the Chinese are basically colonizing it as one of their overseas posts for their international business,
other places don't have huge ports, so are of no interest to the Chinese, except Phnom Penh which is the capital which is of interest to them for being the center of gov't.
Vomit 🤮

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:30 pm
StroppyChops wrote:Can't help, but all the best with finding the right place for you and your family. "Desperately needs to sell" = price he can't resist from buyers from a nearby country?
Quite possible!
I know you've been around long enough to a) realise that if your lease is legitimate, you can't actually be forced out due to a change of ownership without recompense, and b) it's not worth chasing the recompense - right?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:30 pm
Quite possible!
I know you've been around long enough to a) realise that if your lease is legitimate, you can't actually be forced out due to a change of ownership without recompense, and b) it's not worth chasing the recompense - right?
Actually, we only have an agreement by SMS for the new contract so I know that’s worth nothing. And as far as contracts are concerned, they don’t mean anything either down here. I’ve heard stories of landlords booting tenants early way too often.

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If you like the smell of fish I saw a guy advertising a place down by the docks in the fishing village, five bed he says for $500
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

superferret wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:00 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm This is a story I've heard so many times over the past couple of years from Sihanoukville. Unfortunate, and depressing as there's no reason to believe why it couldn't eventually happen everywhere else. :?
It won't happen anywhere else in Cambodia on the massive scale it's happening in Sihanoukville, the Chinese are basically colonizing it as one of their overseas posts for their international business,
other places don't have huge ports, so are of no interest to the Chinese, except Phnom Penh which is the capital which is of interest to them for being the center of gov't.
Or unless Chinese decide to build an international port in Kampot :dragonchase:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Or a multi billion dollar development in Koh Kong....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

cptrelentless wrote:If you like the smell of fish I saw a guy advertising a place down by the docks in the fishing village, five bed he says for $500

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic