It was me, not the General, confesses Third Sergeant over shooting at Epic Nightclub

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

It was me, not the General, confesses Third Sergeant over shooting at Epic Nightclub

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Military officer held over nightclub shooting
May 24, 2018
A military officer with the Brigadier 70 Unit yesterday turned himself in to police over a shooting incident that took place this week outside a nightclub in Tonle Bassac commune.

Brigadier General Eng Hy, spokesman for the National Military Police, said that on Monday night a man exited the Epic nightclub and fired several bullets into the air before fleeing the scene.

No one was injured during the shooting, he noted, adding that authorities are still determining who the real shooter was after ruling out one suspect and having another present himself as the shooter.

“Until now, we do not know who the real person was that fired several bullets at the entertainment club on the night of shooting,” he said. “The military police are still working on this case in order to bring the real offender to be punished by the law.”
Brig Gen Hy declined to discuss the case further.

However, Captain Sok Rithy, a municipal military police officer, said that authorities first identified General Mao Odoum, a high-ranking officer with Brigade 70 as the shooter.

After an investigation, authorities ruled Gen Odoum out as the shooter, after which Third Sergeant Thun Reach turned himself in and confessed to being the one that pulled the trigger. Both men were at the nightclub together on the night of the incident.

“He surrendered himself to our military police along with a pistol and confessed that he was the only person who opened fire on the night of the shooting,” Cap Rithy said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50492828/m ... -shooting/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: It was me, not the General, confesses Third Sergeant over shooting at Epic Nightclub

Post by that genius »

This is the problem with video..it in no way takes into account subservience
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: It was me, not the General, confesses Third Sergeant over shooting at Epic Nightclub

Post by Felgerkarb »

Gen. Mao is a fun guy. Seriously.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Hmmm no mention of Major A Li Bi 8)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The suspect turns himself in, and confesses that he was the one who fired the gun outside Epic nightclub.
Mugshot before his court appearance. Police have accused the suspect of using an illegal weapon.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

He deserves to be promoted to Second Sergeant for loyal services. I hope his superior is a generous man.

Or at least give him a cookie. :mrgreen:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Fall guy?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 pm Fall guy?
What makes you ask that ?
Oh, this ?
However, Captain Sok Rithy, a municipal military police officer, said that authorities first identified General Mao Odoum, a high-ranking officer with Brigade 70 as the shooter.

After an investigation, authorities ruled Gen Odoum out as the shooter, after which Third Sergeant Thun Reach turned himself in and confessed to being the one that pulled the trigger. Both men were at the nightclub together on the night of the incident.
I just have a suspicious nature, and it seemed strange that the first suspect was a general. That's abnormal. Normally, the general is the last suspect.
I wonder who the gun belongs to.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 am
Username Taken wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 pm Fall guy?
What makes you ask that ?
Oh, this ?

I just have a suspicious nature, and it seemed strange that the first suspect was a general. That's abnormal. Normally, the general is the last suspect.
I wonder who the gun belongs to.

I wonder who's finger prints are on the gun . Let's forget about the DNA.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

At first, I was like "dafuq Gonk is accused of shooting at Epic" then I realized ... :dragonchase:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic