Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

Post by General Mackevili »

Man, have I found a sweet teaching gig for you guys in Phnom Penh. Now, if you aren't a felon from Florida with a drinking problem, you might be able to negotiate a monthly salary up to $500 a month.

To be fair, I'm all about a free market, so I guess at the end of the day, I don't care what salary Heath Wyld offers, as nobody is being forced to apply, but damn.

ImageImage

"Foreign primary school teacher needed for a small international school in Phnom Penh. Our school is located in Boeng Tumpun, near the Sansam Kosal Pagoda.

Applicants must be able to teach 1st through 6th grade Math, Science, Social Studies, and English, as well as Introduction to Computer Technology.

You will also be expected to assist with coaching sports on Fridays. Previous athletic experience is helpful, but not required.

In addition, you will be expected to accompany the children on field trips, even if those field trips take place during school holidays.

At this time, there are only 10 primary students, so the job is not too hectic. We are promoting the current teacher.

Hours are from 7:30 am - 5 pm, M - F. Lunch break is from 11:30 - 12:30, and lunch is provided.

Applicants from all countries are welcome; however, applicants from countries where English is the official language, such as India, will receive preference.

Starting salary is in the range of $400 - $500, depending on experience and qualifications.

If interested, please pm me on Facebook Messenger, and I will give you my email."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

Post by Username Taken »

That's $400 - $500 per week, right?
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

Post by angkorjohn »

Jeez thats like a dollar an hour or something, who is this whacko? He looks a bit of an oddball. Any details on the school? African Evangelical or something? How can they ask for someone with all that experience including athletic experience for a slave wage like that....and also losing your holidays to take the 10+ kids away somewhere. Something smells off here, can someone research who this guy is and what school he is at.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:20 am That's $400 - $500 per week, right?
I found the post he is very clear it is per month he calls anyone who wants more "greedy" and some concerns were raised of who they might attract
Be sure to do a background check, Heath Wyld. I can't think of a reason that an American would work for that salary unless they're unemployable elsewhere or really keen to be around kids.
For those hours at that salary , the only candidates they're going to get are rich goodygoodies looking to prove their sainthood in third world countries or strung-out braindead backpackers who'll spend a month there teaching the tots endless variations of the alphabet song.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Is this a joke or something?
Seriously, what can an experienced AP/IB/A-levels teacher expect to make in Cambodia?
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

TBF, I saw this ad, and it clearly states Flips/Indians/Africans are what they want. %500 is a fairly standard wage for one of them, IME.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

%500 is a fairly standard wage for one of them,
What about one of us?
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Around $1000
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

AmericanSteve wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 am
%500 is a fairly standard wage for one of them,
What about one of us?

When you say '' us '' , you're talking about you and me,,,, right.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

I'm not an Indian or an African; I'm pretty sure that I'm not a Flip.
I guess that leaves good old fashioned white boys like us cause Duncan is a white name.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic