VPN choices

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: VPN choices

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Which countries do you consider the most reliable speedwise for NordVPN?
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

What's everyone's onsessiom with Nord? ExpressVPN has been excellent in terms of speed and features. I found Nord to be quite slow.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

I was in Cambodia earlier for a month and found Nord VPN to be fairly fast. I used the server in Viet Nam.

Nord VPN have been advertising aggressively in Canada and the US lately and must have picked up a ton of subscribers. The only North American server that gives any reasonable speed is the one in Costa Rica. The others are now giving speeds that rival dial-up. And we all remember how horrible that was.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

paul2d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:49 am I was in Cambodia earlier for a month and found Nord VPN to be fairly fast. I used the server in Viet Nam.

Nord VPN have been advertising aggressively in Canada and the US lately and must have picked up a ton of subscribers. The only North American server that gives any reasonable speed is the one in Costa Rica. The others are now giving speeds that rival dial-up. And we all remember how horrible that was.
see ads for Nord tv on MSNBC on tv.

why pay when u can get cyperghost for free
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 am
paul2d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:49 am I was in Cambodia earlier for a month and found Nord VPN to be fairly fast. I used the server in Viet Nam.

If you mean CyberGhost - I have not seen a free option with them. Pricing more or less the the same as NordVPN.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am What's everyone's onsessiom with Nord? ExpressVPN has been excellent in terms of speed and features. I found Nord to be quite slow.
ExpressVPN is more expensive than NorthVPN.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 am

If you mean CyberGhost - I have not seen a free option with them. Pricing more or less the the same as NordVPN.
i use free version...https://cyberghost-vpn.en.softonic.com/
only dif is i have to wait a bit to get connection...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Kammekor wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am What's everyone's onsessiom with Nord? ExpressVPN has been excellent in terms of speed and features. I found Nord to be quite slow.
ExpressVPN is more expensive than NorthVPN.
ExpressVPN is quite speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 am

i use free version...https://cyberghost-vpn.en.softonic.com/
only dif is i have to wait a bit to get connection...
I'm a paid CyberGhost OSX user, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Slow speeds, horrible client, it times out from inactivity without any options to disable it, I usually have to open the client two to three times before it works. Most to all servers are detected as VPN servers when trying to avoid geo blocks or just when using it for privacy.

I can't wait to change, and looking at other options. Nord looks like a better alternative
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wouldn't it all depend on ur internet speed?
an where ur accessing from?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic