Gay in Cambodia

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Gay in Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

that genius wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm I've never felt any prejucide until I tell people trying to tell me about their lifestyle that they bore me.

I don't care who you fuck, can't you talk about something else?
Did I mention I'm a vegan with a gluten intolerance? Look at my FitBit, I'm off to Crossfit.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

that genius wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm I've never felt any prejucide until I tell people trying to tell me about their lifestyle that they bore me.

Do you apply this to all the guys here talking about hostess bars and bar fines etc?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Revealing the Rainbow report sheds light on LGBTIQ rights in Southeast Asia
By: Thomas Brent - Posted on: May 18, 2018
A recently published report that aims to highlight the human rights situation of Southeast Asia’s LGBTIQ communities and the people working to defend them has revealed both the challenges that the region faces and its progress.

The report, titled “Revealing the Rainbow”, has shed a light on the steps that many countries are taking to adapt their legal framework to improve protection for the LGBTIQ community – and noted the vast inconsistencies between approaches in the region and areas that still need to be improved.
Full article: http://sea-globe.com/revealing-the-rain ... east-asia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:

Did I mention I'm a vegan with a gluten intolerance? Look at my FitBit, I'm off to Crossfit.
I would much prefer to see an Apple Watch on your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Do you apply this to all the guys here talking about hostess bars and bar fines etc?
Pretty much. I'm not interested in your sex life or anybody else's sex life. I think it should be private, I'm kinda weird for a Cambodia expat that way. I'm not crazy about people telling everyone about straight sex adventures either.

I'll try and fit in, shall I?

I do also think that you're entitled to be with whomever you want, and you should never be targeted for that, just to set your mind at ease.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

that genius wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:52 am
timmydownawell wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Pretty much. I'm not interested in your sex life or anybody else's sex life. I think it should be private, I'm kinda weird for a Cambodia expat that way. I'm not crazy about people telling everyone about straight sex adventures either.

I'll try and fit in, shall I?

I do also think that you're entitled to be with whomever you want, and you should never be targeted for that, just to set your mind at ease.
OK so you're a prude, that's fine. But this thread is largely about LGBT rights and tackling prejudice against LGBT people. It's not about sex, it's about issues that directly affect a legitimate segment of Cambodian society. If it was about the rights and struggles of, say, the blind community, would you be saying their lifestyle bores you, can't you talk about something else? No, you'd probably just make some useless sarcastic remark, pun or one-liner and move on. So don't get your knickers in a twist about something that doesn't interest or concern you unless you have something worthwhile to contribute?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

my gf bro is camp as a row of tents.
no one cares in the slightest
including his parents
whats the big deal?
it is pretty normal for everyone but weirdo homophobes
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Not a prude at all, nor any ill-will towards any sexual orientation, just think it's a private matter. You think it's public. Difference of opinion, we'll survive.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 am
StroppyChops wrote:

I would much prefer to see an Apple Watch on your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha! Funny man.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic