Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LTO
Expatriate

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by LTO »

taabarang
I like your handle. That's my assigned nickname here.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

I'd just like to pause for a moment and thank everyone for participating in this thread. often times people don't care about the intro threads... which is a shame, because not introducing yourself is rude.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
dagenham wrote:
anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

If you left it's because you the Kingdom rejected you! Ha!
Dagenham, do you think you could be a bit more respectful to people over here than you are over at K440? You are the only one that I have noticed who has ventured over from K440 that is acting this way. Every post of yours on here so far is pretty much an attempt at picking a fight or insulting someone which is the same shit you do on K440. It is not needed here and if you want to troll, there is a site with a lot more victims for you. I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
C'mon really now...the post you referenced is playful - hardly rude. Besides I'm gently provocative (unless attacked of course). Sir Quality openly dissed "The Kingdom". So I defended the territory because I'm a patriot!

Also - flying chicken is far worse than moi. He's extremely aggressive and and I aint. And homophobic to boot (or in the closet maybe?)

Moreover, one reason for CEO is that k440 was getting absurdly PC (with g-mac leading the way). Hence all the absurd childish banning. Reread my posts and I am not rude in any of them - feisty maybe - defensive yes (especially when assaulted by aerial poultry).

If this is going to be "nice only" what's the point to this forum vs. k440? Rather the quality of punters on here hopefully will rise and the posts along with that...

Rock on CEO!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

taabarang wrote:I've lived 17 years in Cambodia, eleven of them rurally. I used to post on the other forum under the handle of....forget it. Now get off my tits.
Ha! Really glad to see you over here!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

dagenham wrote:
Moreover, one reason for CEO is that k440 was getting absurdly PC (with g-mac leading the way). Hence all the absurd childish banning.

If this is going to be "nice only" what's the point to this forum vs. k440?

Rock on CEO!
Good question, Daggers. This thread might help you find the answers you seek.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=174

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
badboybubby
Expatriate
Australia

Post by badboybubby »

OrangeDragon wrote: because not introducing yourself is rude
i hate being called rude...introductions remind me of those name tags they stick on you at workshops and the like..cringe...

because i'm a good sport and willing to share the love...first landed on these shores in jan 2004 when things were rough and ready and lots of fun..it was like being transported to another planet...spent a couple of months exploring and when i returned home couldn't stop dreaming of my comeback..10 years later and i've been back and forth a dozen times usually staying 1-3 months..met my khmer wife 2010 and married couple of years later..

:hattip:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Great intro, BBB!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

I never introduced myself as i didn't think it necessary
The Educator
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by The Educator »

Good evening.

I am a professor of archaeology and a one time professional pool player. I also hold a masters degree in physics. I would be glad to dicuss any of these interests with like minded forumites.

Kind regards,
The Educator.
Bring Back Buck
Expatriate

Post by Bring Back Buck »

Hi. New in town. Just getting used to life in the Kingdom of Wonder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic