Way to go American Justice System

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Way to go American Justice System

Post by Jacobincambodia »

AmericanSteve wrote:
Way to go American Justice System
Fuck the American Justice system!
Its a total and complete scam!
How is getting 30 years for abusing children a scam?
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

The bad of it far outweighs the good.
You even look at a cop in America sideways and you'll have problem - 10 times as bad if you are black or Hispanic.

And what are they going to do to this guy for the next 30 years? There will be zero attempt at rehabilitation because our criminal justice system is simply about punishing the offender.

I
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

AmericanSteve wrote:
The bad of it far outweighs the good.
You even look at a cop in America sideways and you'll have problem - 10 times as bad if you are black or Hispanic.

And what are they going to do to this guy for the next 30 years? There will be zero attempt at rehabilitation because our criminal justice system is simply about punishing the offender.

I
Not sure rehabilitating him is the goal here, given the length of his sentence.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Fuck the American Justice system!
Its a total and complete scam!
that is why you chose the utopian society of the PRC I guess.
  • Muslims are forced to eat pork and drink alcohol as punishment in China's Islamic 're-education' camps, former inmates reveal
    Chinese officials have detained around one million Muslims in internment camps
    Prisoners are forced to quash religious beliefs as China fights Islamic extremism
    Such camps in west China have expanded rapidly with almost no judicial process
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/china/a ... camps.html
Viewing a foreign website, taking phone calls from relatives abroad, praying regularly or growing a beard could land one in a political indoctrination camp, or prison, or both
effective rehabilitation no?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

AmericanSteve wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pmAnd what are they going to do to this guy for the next 30 years? There will be zero attempt at rehabilitation because our criminal justice system is simply about punishing the offender.
Hopefully, the inmates are going to make his life a living hell.

Who gives a fuck about rehabilitation with shit like this?

Punish him!
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

that is why you chose the utopian society of the PRC I guess.
Thinking about it but for all the worst reasons. Sometimes I'm ashamed of myself for what I'm considering.
Muslims are forced to eat pork and drink alcohol as punishment in China's Islamic 're-education' camps, former inmates reveal Chinese officials have detained around one million Muslims in internment camps.
Prisoners are forced to quash religious beliefs as China fights Islamic extremism.
Such camps in west China have expanded rapidly with almost no judicial process.
I don't know anything about this and it does not resemble in any way, shape or form my experiences in China. I've visited Urumqi and was there for 2 weeks and Xian as well; in fact I'm fairly close to Xian in Chengdu - where there is a large Tibetan population and Muslims as well. I've seen nothing of the sort you are describing and I've been in and out of "Greater China" for close to 25 years. China is where I went to from Thailand.

I've NEVER had any problems with police in China.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Hopefully, the inmates are going to make his life a living hell.
Oh I'm sure the inmates are going to make his life a living hell - and not just his; it's part and parcel of the American Criminal Justice System. In fact the basis of the American Criminal Justice System is the understanding that if you break the law, a big, nasty black man is going to fuck you up the ass.

Who gives a fuck about rehabilitation with shit like this?

Punish him!
How about finding out what makes him tick, adding to the body of knowledge on deviant behavior and maybe coming up with a prevention plan based on what we might learn?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

AmericanSteve wrote:And what are they going to do to this guy for the next 30 years? There will be zero attempt at rehabilitation because our criminal justice system is simply about punishing the offender.

I
So you’re going to volunteer your kid to rehabilitate this man and teach him not to fondle kids? How noble of you! And good luck!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Bullet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic