Golden Sorya Mall transformed into "Phnom Penh Pub Street"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Golden Sorya Mall transformed into "Phnom Pen Pub St"

Post by onico »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm Winning formula right there! Bring dem gurls and the punters will follow..
Sadly, Cambodian are good girls so... :hattip:
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Golden Sorya Mall transformed into "Phnom Pen Pub Street"

Post by doktor_d »

Drove past there about 08.30 this morning and all the bars next to this place were half full of skinny, middle aged crack whores and obese, geriatric long-noses on their 10th beer of the day.

Good luck cleaning up that cesspool.. :D
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

doktor_d wrote:Drove past there about 08.30 this morning and all the bars next to this place were half full of skinny, middle aged crack whores and obese, geriatric long-noses on their 10th beer of the day.

Good luck cleaning up that cesspool.. :D
Just drove past now and I think the same people are still there 11 hours later. The north side does look kind of cool if it ever fills up that is.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

"down-at-heel party girls and small-time drug dealers vied for the attention of mostly elderly and often decrepit Western male visitors"

I don't see any PP businesses refusing any dollars from all those elderly and often decrepit Western males. When I hit the point where I'm elderly and decrepit, I really don't anticipate trolling for whores and drugs. That's just me.
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

The moment they let the ice heads take control again,they may as well bulldoze the place.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

ned kelly wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:10 pm The moment they let the ice heads take control again,they may as well bulldoze the place.
...... like that is NOT going to happen ??? (insert sarcastic rolling of eyes)
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Golden Sorya Mall transformed into "Phnom Penh Pub Street"

Post by King Keil »

They have to try or they will fail. Higher drink prices and good security.
I have a dream
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

one of the very few and slight virtues of walkabou, was that they banned (some of ) the worst thieves and troublemakers. sometimes
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

2000 a month for a Thai style beer bar not in Thailand where you can sell 50 cent drafts to meth heads and geezers who bitch that they can get drafts for .49 cents somewhere else? Where do I sign up??????????????????????????
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

If they do manage to clean the area of the riff raff the question is... where Will they go? They won't just cease to exist and i doubt they will reintegrate into normal society overnight. So i wonder which area/street will become the next GSM(of old).

Personally i liked the old GSM... was always interesting to watch the passing train wrecks with the occasional bout of free entertainment courtesy of the security guards and their latest victim.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic