Prescription Drugs Availability in Thai

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Prescription Drugs Availability in Thai

Post by tireswang »

Can ya get codeine and valium in The Land of Smiles :hattip: .... without a Doctors script?
~
jimmy.daniel
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Prescription Drugs Availability in Thai

Post by jimmy.daniel »

Whelp, I recon no one knows or cares to share the info. We all know we can get them here w o a script. I have went through the "motions" obtaining a script for both, but the Doctors here are reluctant to write a month's supply at one time. Don't won't no troubles with any s.e.a. immigration officials over a such minor thing.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Definitely no codeine but I don't know about Valium.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

No, the goody-good doers have done away with OTC Xanax and Valium in Thailand. You used to be able to get them from the street vendors along Sukhumvit in Bangkok but even that is gone. Not in the habit but they sure are nice for one of those hellish plane rides to the US.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Robins wrote:Not in the habit but they sure are nice for one of those hellish plane rides to the US.
All the flights are less than 48 hrs. Some less than 30 hrs. Preparing for the wedding I was going back to the KOW every month. That was the heaven and hell roller coaster.

Have you tried melantonin? Or picking up some Silenox (aka Ambien). Nearby screaming babies can screech through noise cancelling earphones and earplugs.

Good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic