What does Cambodia's cultural "Code of conduct" mean ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What does Cambodia's cultural "Code of conduct" mean ?

Post by thePeck »

Ya..... about that decently law. Circa IDK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Some differences of opinion on the "too hot" ban:

Information Minister Questions Ban on ‘Too Sexy’ Cambodian Actress
May 5, 2017
When Cambodian actress Denny Kwan was last week banned for appearing in any movies for a year because the Culture Ministry deemed that her skin-baring outfits violated a code of conduct for “virtue,” the decision made international headlines.

Now the information minister, Khieu Kanharith, has weighed into the debate, calling the ban into question. On Thursday, Mr. Kanharith, whose ministry is in charge of controlling the media, posted a note on his Facebook page asking for a better explanation for why the ministry banned Ms. Kwan from any arts activities for a year because of the way she dresses...
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/info ... ss-129134/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

What happens if she gets work outside of Cambodia? Got to be plenty of job offers now
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

God, why do some (Cambodian) women go to such lengths? That nose and chin job just ruins her face. The extra "white" photoshopping isn't appealing either.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:31 pm God, why do some (Cambodian) women go to such lengths? That nose and chin job just ruins her face. The extra "white" photoshopping isn't appealing either.
yup... minging :bad:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Like you would say no if she was offering.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: What does Cambodia's cultural

Post by Username Taken »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm Like you would say no if she was offering.
Q. What does a bottle blond and a Jumbo jet have in common?

Spoiler:
A. They both have a black box.

:plus1:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

You may have missed this.

Denny Kwan ban lifted
14 May 2018
The Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts’ disciplinary council on Friday decided to lift a one-year working ban given to an actress who refused to tone down her provacative attire.
Thai Norak Satya, spokesman of the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts, said on Sunday that measures taken against celebrity Denny Kwan were garnering positive results.
“Her attitude has changed, and she has engaged in social and humanitarian works. Therefore we decided that we would lift the ban,” Satya said, noting they had been initially called to act by a public outcry.

“People critique the ministry for ignoring such things. So we work on it.”

Satya said that while the ministry cannot directly prevent those in the entertainment industry from hiring her, owners of entertainment companies complied.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... ban-lifted
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Starlet Attacks Hotel on Social Media
UPDATE on Cambodian starlet DENNY KWAN, who is accusing the owner of the Golden Sea Hotel in Sihanoukville of mounting hidden cameras in the hotel room ceilings. She says that this event happened over a month ago, and now that negociations for compensation by the owner have broken down, she has decided to go public. From her social media page today:
Denny Kwan

I sleep at Gold Sea Hotel in Kompong Som City, the owner of the hotel secretly embossed the camera in my room, I sleep. Note that not only my room but all the rooms in the hotel, my story happened since March 10, 2020 I don't go live because waiting for a good solution with the hotel owner but the result is unfair for me. This 1 million dollar compensation is like looking down on my honor as a Khmer girl. I'm so hurt I can't accept it So unfair.

Denny Kwan
2 hours ago
So painful 😭😭😭 Everyone please watch and consider, I slept one night and found out that there is a hidden Camera (Note in the hotel, there is a hidden camera in every room) If you are my brother, I have to accept a compensation of 1 thousand dollars??? My honor, I can't take 1 thousand dollars to buy it 😭😭😭 It's so painful, it's so unfair for me 😭😭😭😭😭

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

This chick loves to post hi-so, wealth signaling shite all over her social media......... trips over seas, jewelry, cars, clothes, yadda yadda........

........I'm surprised she stayed at what looks to be an average to dumpy hotel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic